Sunday, February 3, 2013

Windows....Windows...and...More...Windows...!

Bailed in the Ford....yesterday...and headed North...
I went to pick up...some things... I had spoken for..only to find...
they wouldn't work...as planned....
but...found some other things...that...will work....in the Heart Booth... Even Better!!!
Some Wonderful...Arched Topped Windows...from a Convent...
...in Old...Dry... Dusty...Green...paint...
I Love...their Construction!
They have bead work...down the center...and have several panes of glass....
They are so...petite...and feminine...
and...the construction...of them...was so intricately done...
I've never seen anything....quite like them...
oh my...: )
They will form Big Bay Windows...at the front of the booth...
I'm Really Diggin' That...Idea!
But....it was a Cold...Trip...
I don't ever...remember...being so Cold...
My fingers...had worn through my old gloves....while loading....
and tho...I was wearing...extra Thick socks....I thought my toes...were going to freeze off....
Thankfully...a couple of young Guys...helped me heft...and load...over 20 of the Big Windows...
They saved me...
but...I gotta tell ya...
I singed some feathers...as I was trying to get the load..secure...
oh my...
My Fingers...simply wouldn't work...trying to get the straps...all together...and situated...
I was sooooo cold....
Painfully....Cold....
There wasn't a part of me...that wasn't...Screaming At Me...to Get Warm....
It had to be...well below zero...with the Wind Chill...
My Language...wasn't...very 'Lady Like'....
oh my...
Thankfully...my face and lips were so Frozen...most of my Mumbling...was not...decipherable....
It took me an hour...to get the feeling back...in my toes!
The Truck...Couldn't get Warm...Enough!
Holy Smokes!
I'm working...inside...today....
Getting some totes...done...
I'm staying....Warm...today...
I'll unload...the Ford...Tomorrow...
Have a Super Day!
Love...to ya!
Barb C.

I glanced in my mirror...as I headed home.... and saw one...of the Old Church Windows...looking back...at me.... had to capture it's...image...
: )
The Sun...was setting...as I headed South...It was Beautiful....after I got the feeling back...in my extremities....
Man...I Love...Iowa...! Barns...and Windmills... oh yeah....
Sunday Mornin'.... oh my... The Ford...looks like he's shiverin'...Brrrrrr......

1 comment:

Amy N said...

A friend called to find out about the windows - she was driving by your shop and saw them in the back of the Ford. I'm assuming from your post they are all headed for Nashville?? If not or there are any left after let me know and I'll head her your direction. Have a great show and a fun time. We'll catch up when things thaw out a little
Luv Ya!!!