Monday, December 9, 2013

What a Weekend.... : ) Thanks... to All... : )

I sat...Sunday Eve....... warming my wet....frozen...feet....
upstairs... at the warmest spot... in the house....
It Snowed... Sunday... and it's hovered around 0 the last several days....
{it's -7... now... }
I worked...out in the Snow... yesterday afternoon... and wore the wrong...shoes....
oh dear...
then... Sipped a little Wine....
sitting there.... with Polly...and The Deer.... : )
listening to The Carpenters....
and reflecting.... on the last... many days...
: )
Almost... too much... for my brain.... to absorb....
: )
 
There were so... many Gifts... throughout the weekend....
John...helping out...
Liz... doing food trays....
and at the last minute.... when I knew... I wasn't going to get it all done... down the Rabbit Hole....
called Maurina...
who came out... and helped.... until Late... Thursday Night...
oh my...
then...
Sweet Little Elf... Gail...
found a cd player... at an Estate Sale....
called me... I told her... I'd Take It!!!!
Gail...bought it... Then... Gifted it..to me....
What The Heck!
{Bless Her...Heart!!!! }
We Had...Music!!! Sweet Music!!!
and... some...wonder why... I refer to these Folks.... as...
'Angels'....
: )
My Peg... was calling throughout.... Soooooo Wishing.... she could be here...
I could hear... the sadness... in her voice...more and more...with every... call...
I wished... so... she could have been here...
She and Mike...are Both... being seen at The Mayo Clinic... as I write....
Prayers...to Them...
Thanks...so Much... to Renate and Bud.... {Renate's Antique Gallery Amana, Iowa }
Renate...came and tended the Shop... Friday afternoon... so I could finish up...in the house...
for The Open... 'House'....
She baked cookies... and brought Wine... as did Sheree...Lynn and Lea... and so many others....
What... Sweet... Souls.......
I didn't send any invitations...
everyone... was welcome....
I...was Blown Away...
{had around 50 Folks... throughout the Evening!}
By All... who Attended...
I was Delighted... and Surprised....
Every Time...the door... opened... : )
WOW!!!
It was funny... tho....
We have a... Big...Room....where The Tree is....
yet...Everyone... seemed to gravitate... to the Little... Dining Room....
and around the Old...Harvest Table...
throughout the Evening.. : )
At one point....
I sat down....
at the Old Table....
and glanced.... around the room....
as Folks were visiting....with one another....
Some... knew each other... some..didn't....
{but...do now... : ) }
and...I thought....
All of these Folks... are from such different walks of life....
yet... they have One... thing in Common...
that weaves them...together... like an.Early... finely woven...
Coverlet....
'The Love...of Old'....
oh my....
I...am letting a 'few' things...go...out of the House....
a window... that is rarely...open....
and closes....tight...
 when 'the fires' are extinguished...... : )
So Many...Obligations... to cover...
and with...so many things.... turning life... upside down...this last year...
{last...few... years... }....
I don't have a choice...
Some folks... don't understand... how very difficult...this is....
after all..they think...
"It's just...'stuff'...."
As I sat there... Friday night....
I realized...
if...
It wasn't for this... 'stuff'...
I wouldn't have been Blessed... to Know... all of these Folks....
I... can't believe.... what a Gifts... these 'Old Souls'...
have Showered me with... throughout... my journey....
This isn't the first time... I have had to let go... of  things... I hold dear....
I've had to do it... many...many...times...throughout my life...
{as...have many of my Friends...
Don't... think... for one second... it's a sign of 'weakness'...
ah... no...
or...that I'm 'giving'... things away... for little....
I Hold these...Old Souls... Dear...
in my Heart... they are...Priceless...
but... I know their monetary value.....
the perk...is...
They are... available...with a fair price... 
for... a little while....
: )
It's... making things... happen....
and re grouping...
I...don't... barrow... money...
or... anything... for that matter...}
I'm just angry....with myself... I'm not... working hard enough...or...smart...enough....
There are many things.... that have transpired... that...I can't change....
 as a Mother...Daughter... and Friend...
things...  I won't change.... for making a little more... 'money'...
so... the Old Souls... were here... to bail me out....
once again...
: )
I'm...sorry... to them... I couldn't keep....all the pins...in the air....
After everyone...went Home...
I got... the dishes done.... and things...all cleaned up....
 sat...down...put my head in my hands....and wept...
I feel...like I've let... them down....
and... that...makes...me...sad.... 
The Blessing...is.... I... know... where the ''Old Souls'... are going...
they go..to Beautiful...people....
who will Love them... as much...as I.....
and see the Beauty... and Gifts... that they hold....
I will...always... Love... and keep...dear....
my 'Old Souls'...
they have given me...
so much more.... than... most... could imagine.....
Thanks.... So Much....
to Everyone... who came to visit....
Here...at the House... and The Rabbit Hole... over the weekend...
Some drove... a Long...way... : )
Jan...and Lori....
from... Minnesota....
Lynn...and Lea....
from Southern Iowa...
Roxanne...from Northern Iowa... and all of the others...
who Braved the Frigid Weather.... and Deer...
Bless their Hearts... <3
I have some Friends... who will be popping in.. this week... who couldn't make it... Friday....
That will be Fun..too...
I'm going to be making some changes...this New... year....
I don't know... exactly what... but...they're going to be
Good....
 Positive.....
Forward... moving....
Seems.... with Life... spinning around my head....
my feet...have been stuck in the sand...
I have no more time... for that....
Love to ya...
and...Thanks...Again... to All... who Visited...Mark... and The Rabbit Hole....
{I will be Open.... a Lot... Through Christmas! and Posting Hours on fb...and here...: ) }
Barb C.
Thanks...so Much... to Val... for doing all of the Beautiful...Greenery.... {In The Cold...Rain!!!}
and...the Kind... reassuring...words... from, my Sweet....Friend, Ed....
 Nicole... who sat.... and visited...'til late, Saturday Eve....
all... of the above... I would have never known....
and...countless...others....
if...
it wasn't... for this...
'Love... of Old'....
: )
Val...
oh my... I have...never seen anyone... move so FAST!!!!
She filled all of the Urns... inside and out....
wow...
She set the pruning sheers.... on FIRE!!!!!!
It was Great...having her, and Roxanne.... Visit.....
the Open House... too... : )
They... Crack... Me....Up... : )
 
Cindy Nutt.... {left... center...}was the one... who really inspired me... to get the House...open...
She... wanted inside... to see... it... a long time ago....
but...
I...simply hate...to have anyone, in the house... when it's a mess...
and...I... have so little time... to clean... when I do...have time... I want to...simply... rest....
I'm glad... she gently...pushed me...
This was a Gift....
to the House...
and... me...
Having Everyone....
: )
{I about Fell Over.... when Daryl and Colleen...popped in!!!! They are SO BUSY!!! Wow! Love 'em!
and... Colleen's Peanut Brittle!!! : ) }
I was also... so... Delighted...when Tom and Paula... walked in...
I  Respect, and Admire them...so....
: )
 
Bud...
What a Gift... he and Renate have been...in my life....
I met Bud...at one of my very First...Garage Sales... here... over twenty years ago....
My Sister, Chery.... was helping me... and kept asking for prices...for Bud...
she'd say...
"Barbie...How Much is This.... Barbie, How Much is That"....
Then...Bud... came up...and said...
with a Gleam...in his eye....
"Barbie... How Much... is This???? : ) : ) : )"....
I stopped...in my tracks... I didn't know Bud....
I was racing around... getting the sale... pulled together...
I Froze...
Looked him in the eye...
and said...
"O.k.... you... : ) I am 'Barbie'... to my Sister... to everyone else...
I...am.... 'Barb'....."
He Roared!!!!
Stinker!!!
{and there's...Gail... in her...Beautiful...Fur.... : ) }
 
The Old Harvest Table... {Only Harold and I could Love...{and Ed... }
It...was So....Pleased.... to have so many Friends... surround him...all Evening... : )
{I made it clear.... 'He'... isn't going...anywhere.... }
{Dan... {Park Place Antiques, Marion, Iowa... thought he was getting out..of the image.. : ) : ) : ) ahhhh not so much....
The Guys...are always so Funny... Dan, {Jo Dan's } Terry... {Gatherings, Anamosa, Iowa....} yeah...they all... attempted to stay out of Camera Shot...  I got some pretty good ones... : ) }
It was Great Seeing...Barb...Jo...and Wanda....
I..was Truly... Blown Away!
 
 
 

My Peg...Mike...and Clo...
Prayers....Prayers....Prayers....
: )
They popped in...Saturday....
en route to The Mayo Clinic...
Peg made me...The Most....Beautiful Gourd... for Christmas....
{She repeated... several times...
"I Put MY FAVORITE BEETLE in it....!!!!"...
{Peg...is...a 'Bug Girl'.... : ) }
{You can see it..in this little image... it's the Shiny Green...spot... inside...
and...she used the Cow Tail...clipping... she found at Gold Rush.... after the Fair... a year ago...last August....
Peg...is....really... really... a Gift....
if... it wouldn't have been... for The Old Souls...
we may, never... have met.....
So... these Old Treasures... aren't... just 'things'... in m eyes....
They are Soulful Old...Friends....that... because of my... 'journey'...with them... has given  me... More... than Money could ever buy...
: )
I'll be calling Folks... the next few days... as the Old Souls... find their way...to other Homes...
another chapter....
We won't be sad....
We are... Blessed...
: )
 

No comments: