Thursday, November 28, 2013

The Marvelous...Toy...

The Marvelous Toy...
oh my...
I have watched both of these little ones... from the time they could walk...
be drawn...to this...
Old... Old...
Tiny... Chain and Gear Driven...
Sharpening Stone...
I have written about the little stone... over the years...
It is a sentimental... treasure...
 Justin was a teenager... and was with me... when I bought it...
He remembers... that day... well....
My Friend... Lyle... had it... who was a friend... of my Dad's... too...
a Junk Man...
He lived way out...in the Country...
very secluded...
with Piles... of Scrap... Iron.... and Fragments...of such...interesting things....
: )
I bought it from Lyle... that Cold... January day... because.... it reminded me so... of Dad...
Lyle... Loved it too...
Thought it was so unusual...
We had such a Great visit...that day...
Reminisced... about old times....
That was the last time we saw Lyle...
He went 'Home'... just days... later...
So... now... I see Dad...and Lyle...
when I look at this little gem...
What Joy... they would have... watching these two...
with...Every Visit...
be so..intrigued... with this, what they think...
out of Everything.... in the House...
is... the Most...
Marvelous... Toy....
They took turns... without any argument... between them...
making the little Grinding Stone...
Whirl!!!!!
I felt... like Dad...and Lyle... were right here...
with us...
: ) : ) : )
Hope You...had a Lovely Thanksgiving...
as...did we...
Love to ya...
Barb C.



 
 


 
 
 

No comments: