Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Some Wounds...never heal.

Was going to write this post, yesterday....
but, there was yet, another horrible accident, on Highway 151, very close to our Home.
Turns out, the young man who was hit, on his Motorcycle...is one of Daughter, Liz's...and Adam's... dear friends.
: ( : ( : ( 
I, think the world...of him, too. 
He's such a kind, and caring young Man.
23 years old.
: ( : ( : ( 
Zac, told Liz, to be sure and have me call him, anytime...if I need a hand, since he's working across the road, now... from where we live.
 <3 <3 <3 
He's come over...many times, when the Kids...have been here.
Always...so willing to help out. 
: )
He's a Farmer, and works full time, too.
<3 <3 <3 
He's 23 going on 35.
Such a Sweet Heart. 
Our Day, yesterday...
was consumed in Prayer.
Still...is. 
Will Continue to be. 
Zac, was airlifted to the University Hospital, in Iowa City. 
Zac's injuries...are, 'pretty tuff', 
but... I told the Kids, we have to
 Stay Positive...
and
 Pray.
<3 <3 <3 
The driver of the vehicle that pulled out in front of Zac, is only 16 years old. 
I don't think he was injured.
Not...physically.
: ( : ( : ( 
I, feel so sorry...for him, too.
It's all...so Heartbreaking.
Two...young Men, probably both...heading to work, and...this happens. 
: ( : ( : ( 
We are Praying, for All Concerned.
Hope, you will...too.
Heartbreaking. 
This stretch of 151, is sooooo Dangerous.
and...to think, Fairfax...wants a trail...along here.
It makes me sick...to think about it. 
These horrible accidents, are so common, here.
Heartbreaking. 

Sunday afternoon, I took a call, from a Friend, who's cleaning out a Huge, Old... Victorian Home, that's been closed up, for decades.
He'd brought several boxes from there...to his Home, and was sorting...
wanted to know if I'd like to come and look.
I, really...didn't. 
Have so much of my own work, here...but, I went.
: )
It was soooo Hot, almost unbearable. 
As we started going through the boxes, I recognized where these things came from....and, who they'd belonged to.
My Friend, asked me, if I'd like to go to the Home, and look at more.
It has to go, he...said.
I, agreed.
It was very...difficult.
I've known this Woman..for decades.
She..was so Beautiful.
Inside, and out. : ) 
I, don't think...I ever missed a time, when our paths crossed, I didn't tell her that.
<3 : ) 
My Friend, who is cleaning everything out... has worked so hard...on this house.
It...was packed full. 
I, mean...really, really. 
As I walked through... my heart, hurt.
My Friend, who passed away, lost her Husband, when she was pretty young.
I, think... she was trying to fill the gaping hole....in her heart, by filling the Victorian. 
My Friend, who's cleaning....had a young Man, helping him...a little.
The young Man... wouldn't go in the basement.
He...was spooked. 
I...wasn't. 
Just...
sad.
As I found my way through.....I, just kept repeating the Woman's name...
over, and over.
: ( 
None of us...truly know, what others are going through, inside.
We, need to be Kind, to Folks. 
Help...when we can. 
I'm so Thankful, for my Friend, who is cleaning the Old...Victorian.
He's so Kind, and Trustworthy.
He, works so hard, and does extremely good work. 
<3 
Before I knew...whose Home...this was, my story...was going to be about him.
: )
I'd wanted to share many images of the Victorian, he'd been working so long, and hard...on,
 and what he's gone through...while working there.
I, can't do that. 
This...situation....is all about heartbreak.
Maybe, someday...I'll figure out a way to write it, but... not now. 
: (
My heart's too heavy. 
When I ask Folks to Pray...for All, who Suffer, I mean it.
<3 
There are so many. 
So...many.
Below are a few images, I felt comfortable sharing.
I'm still unpacking.
We pulled a couple loads, out...it was nearly 11:00, Sunday night, when I walked in, at home.
I, was drained. Physically, and...emotionally. 
 So...sweaty, I...can't imagine, how my Friend, that's cleaning...in this heat, has survived.
The Old Victorian...is so 'shut up', and...'close'.
It was at least 120 degrees, in the huge, old...attic. 
As I sort, and clean...I reminisce, about Two...Friends.
Dear...Souls.
One, who's gone...
and, One...who's helping her, so...now. 
I, feel very Blessed, to know...and, have Known...
Both.
Love, to ya...
Barb C.





The Staircase.
My Pal...has worked very...very, hard. 

This image, and the one below... are of the Old, Victorian's basement.





Corn Husking Metal, from the 1920's. 
<3

{I took the top picture, with me standing in front of the beautiful...old, old...
 Mirrors, that came home, with.
The Old...Victorian, standing...so Tall, and Proud, even being so forlorn, behind me. 
I was thinking of my Friend, who lived there.
: (
I thought of the Trisha Yearwood song....
'Georgia Rain'.
The Home, in that video...reminds me much, of The Old...Victorian.
That tune, passed through my mind, so many times....as I walked through the House,
 and over the Grounds.
: (.....
Reminded me of my Friend. 
I, too...Understand, it.
'Heartbreak'. }

No comments: