Thursday, July 18, 2019

Just call me "Calamity Jane"

Ran across this picture, this morning.
It reminds of the Farms, Dad...and I used to work at...cutting Iron.
Dad, would cut....I'd load.
I...never wore shoes, anywhere.
Stubbed my toes, more often than cut them.
My feet were always Black!
Hahahahaha!
I remember, while visiting my Brother, Larry....when I was a Teen, he'd say...
"Barbie, I usually ask everyone to take off their shoes, when they come in....
You're the Only One...I ask to Put Them On!!! Your Feet Are Black!!!"
Hahahahaha!!!!
Oh, my. : )
Summertime...
and
Shoes,
Don't Mix.
: )

Oh...my.
Another Mess!
Just a quick post, this morning.
Had another little mishap, night before last.
: (
I'm a Barefoot Mad Hatter.
As soon as the Frost...leaves the ground, so...go my shoes.
: ) 
It was storming like crazy, night before last.
I, had no idea...it was going to rain.
Left the windows down...in the Ford, so...ran outside to roll 'em up.
Came back inside...sat down at the Old Harvest Table...
{that only me, and Harold could Love...{and...Ed. : ) }
went back to watching music videos on my little laptop...
then, decided to grab a bite to eat, and headed to the kitchen.
When I began to walk to the kitchen...my feet were sticking to the floor.
They were both...covered in blood.
I, looked to where I'd been sitting, and on the floor, was a massive pool of blood, that looked like someone had Died...there.
I...gotta tell ya... I about, lost my mind.
I wasn't hurt, or injured....anywhere.
I, simply...couldn't figure out, what had happened.
Daughter, Liz...called, as I was Freaking Out.
She called Mark, and Katie.... : (
I kept assuring everyone, I wasn't injured, or...couldn't find any injuries...anywhere.
That, was a Tremendous amount of blood, to not have a gaping wound...somewhere.
Katie, examined my body...{she didn't believe me. : ) }
Nothing. Anywhere.
She even went outside, and checked the Chickens... to make sure they were all, ok.
: (
With all of this harassment, from the Fairfax's Trail, and our Chickens....our minds were racing.
Turns out, the next morning...my left foot was kind of tender.
Had a half an inch cut....on the bottom of it.
Probably...a puncture. 
I'd scrubbed my feet, the night before, but...we couldn't see anything.
That...was the scary thing.
Not knowing.
: (
I've been taking Aleve, daily...for my leg. 
Since the accident, last year...it's been a mess.
: (
That, must be keeping my blood from clotting, like it should.
It...looked like a Murder Scene.
Wow.
Wow.
Scared the Heck...out of Everyone.
Myself...Included!!!
Wow.
I'm fine, so...no worries.
I...gotta tell ya, it's Never a Dull Moment, around here.
: )
I'm going to be visiting with Folks about two Estate Sales, that'll likely be coming this Fall.
Today, through Sunday...I'm going to be OPEN, down the rabbit hole, until Noon.
It's going to be extremely Hot, through Sunday.
A few hours, in the mornings...will be it. 
Unpacking a Lot.... and have to get it put out.
Oh My!
: ) 




Poor Liz....
She was so worried, about the Mad Hatter. 
: (
What would I do...without my Family...and Dear....Friends.
<3 <3 <3 
Barefoot.
hahahaha...
That's my Style!
: ) 
I remember hauling Scrap Iron, to Katz Salvage...in Marion, Iowa.
Henry Katz, always called me his 'Barefoot Princess'. : )
Hahahahaha!!!
Yeah...
Shoes, go....when the Frost leaves the Ground. : )
I'm gonna have to find something else...to help my leg, other than Aleve.
Whatever poked my foot, probably would've went through a shoe, as well.
It must have been extremely sharp.
I'm looking for the source.
It must be somewhere...around the Ford. 

I'll be more careful.
: )
I'm Flyin' out the door!
It's gonna get Hot...Soon!
Hope you stay Cool, keep your Beloved Critters, Cool...
and... Pray, for All who suffer. 
Love..to Ya.
Barb C. 

{We haven't heard any news, about Zac, when we do...I'll give you an update. Please, keep him...and, all concerned, in your Prayers. <3 <3 <3 }

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How many lives did you leave that cat with? So Blessed to be a part of the army that continues to pray for you.