Friday, June 7, 2019

The 'Multi-Faceted'...us.

A Dear Friend, was killed in a tragic accident,
 Wednesday...in the early morning,
just a few miles...
from where I was resting my head, in sound sleep.
 He, was driving Home, through a Heavy Rain,
 'Storm'.
I, was brought to my knees, early Wednesday afternoon, when I heard the news.
I've thought about my feelings, for my Friend, Kevin Slater.
I, called him...a 'Dear Friend'.
In 'real' time...
I've probably spent less than an hour, with Kevin...over the 35 years, I've known him.
yet,
If he would've called on me, for Anything, I would've dropped everything, to help him out.
If you've followed my blog, for a long time... you've heard me sing my Praises, for
Fairfax State Savings Bank.
<3
Kevin, and his Family...own The Bank.
It's not one of those...'Monsters'.
It's a Family Owned, Bank.
'Family'
When, I've spoken about Loving...Fairfax,
 'The Bank'...is a Huge Part, of 'Why'.
Good People.
{and...we've never borrowed a dime. I'm just, an old... Mad Hatter.  }
It's not about 'Money'.
It's about Friends, Neighbors...Family.
<3
I, don't remember a time, walking into The Bank, seeing Kevin...and he didn't wave, and Flash, that Big...Smile, of his. : )
Even when... he was on the phone, or busy.
<3
Most...of the time, he'd come out of his office, and visit with me.
<3
He always asked how I was doin'...
"How's The Family???"
Always, Always... with that, Big Smile, on his face.
Always.
The last time, I saw Kevin... was a couple of years ago.
He was heading to California.
: )
I was at his Home.
The first time...I'd ever seen him, out of a Suit!
Hahahaha!!!
He was wearing Bermuda Shorts...an, old...'T' Shirt, and Flip Flops!
: )
I was so...Happy, for him. : )
We were Both...a little hung over, from the night before. : )
He was cleaning out, and wondered if I could use any of it.
We talked...for a long, time. : )
He always reminded me, a bit...of Charlie Sheen.
He, had a Smile, that could light up a room.
: )
{guess...I've said that, a few times. : ) }
His Brother, Pat... and, Nephew...Jon, have that Same... Gift.
: ) <3
{Pat, has always reminded me of Robert Downey Jr. }
They'd Both...Roar, if I'd ever told them that. ; )
I've struggled, since I heard the 'News'.
Can't...Imagine, what their Family... is going through.
well, yes...I can.
: (
Heartbreaking.
As, I've thought about...the people in my life, that Mean So Much,
 'time'...
doesn't have anything to do with how Much....you Care, for someone.
at least...
not, with me.
We, are all...like Diamonds.
Multifaceted.
I, knew...only, One...tiny facet, of Kevin.
In That...
I could see...his Brilliance.
Brilliance, of Kindness.
Brilliance...of Caring, for Others.
Brilliance, in his... 'Lightheartedness'.
If, I didn't have a Smile...on my face, when I walked into 'The Bank'...
I, always...left, with one.
{That Bank, and their 'Family', {Most, Everyone...that works there, Included. <3 }
are True...Loving...People.
<3
Priceless.
They All...must be terribly broken.
I, feel so Very...Blessed, to have known...a 'tiny facet', of Kevin.
When I said... I would've dropped Everything, should...Kevin, had ever called, in a Bind.
I, can tell you, with absolute...conviction.
Kevin... would've done the same, for me.
Kevin, would've done that... for Many.
That's just...the kind of Person, he was.
Tragic Loss.
Heartbreaking...Loss.
Love...to ya,
Barb C.

{My heart...breaks, for Spanky, our Fire Chief.
 He, and the other...'Neighbors', who were first at the scene.
: (
I, Pray... for Kevin's Family, and Loved Ones.
Spanky, and All, who are brokenhearted. }









No comments: