Monday, June 24, 2019

Let 'The Journey'...'Take' You.

One, never knows....
what, One...will find, 
on Impromptu Journeys.
Maybe, that's why I like them...the best.
My Dad...was described as a person who always traveled by The Seat of his Pants.
: )
I, grew up...'traveling'...right there, beside him.
Dad, might have plans to go to an Auction...
then, he'd see something...enroute, that would take us completely in another other direction.
We might wind up...stopping at an old Farm, that looked interesting.
Dad would walk up to their door, and ask about an old Truck, or Tractor... in their Junk Pile.
Many times, we'd stay, and visit, with the Folks, there....
for Hours. : )
We'd be taken on a tour, of their Farm...
and, sit down...at the end of the day,
after being invited to stay for Supper.
: )
Never make it to the Auction...at all. 
I, so enjoyed....listening to Dad, and whatever Folks, we'd happen to meet, 
visit...
and, reminisce.
I've done that, most of my life...too.
The best 'Journeys'...are the ones, that 'Take' you.
Not, the ones... 'You' take, I've learned.
Even, when I order food, at a place, that I never been, that's... 'different'.
I, will often ask the Cook, or Server...to decide, what I should eat.
: ) 
I've never been disappointed. 
: )
I was so Blessed, to have had my Dad. 
<3 
Life, was Always...an Adventure. 
Yesterday, tho...I should've worked, here....
I decided to Bug Out.
Hit the Highway.
: )
I, did have a destination.
I bought a Vintage Chandelier.... about an hour North, of Home.
As I was driving, so Many...memories flashed through my mind.
Drove past the Farm, where Dad bought the 61 Ford Ton Truck, I drove...for several years, hauling scrap iron.
I remember the Farmer, telling my Dad, he'd followed me down Highway 13, with a Load on, and didn't know, in All of the years he owned it,  that Old Ford...could Go...That Fast!!!
Hahahaha!!!
'Get'er Done'!!!
{I knew...if we'd make Fast Tracks...I could get Two Loads, to the Scrap Yard, before Noon, on Saturdays, instead of One. ; ) 
Hammer Down!!!}
I thought of my Best Friend, Roxie...from back, in the day.
She grew up, near Strawberry Point, Iowa. 
The Chandelier...wasn't far from there.
<3 


Met the Nicest Folks, when I picked up the Chandelier.
They were remodeling the Home, where the Chandelier was still attached.
Their entire Family, was there... working, and fixing the house up.
<3
They showed me some of the beautiful painting techniques they were doing, on the brick.
It all, was a lot of work, but...they all seemed so excited about doing it. 
: ) 
I thought about coming back Home...but, then...I thought about visiting Plaza Antique Mall, in Dyersville, Iowa.
I, rarely get up that way...anymore.
Kathy, the Girl who manages it, is so sweet.
I, absolutely Adore her...and, her Family..
I also knew, she wouldn't be working, on Sunday.
I, decided to go...anyway.
I, always find something... really unusual at Plaza. 
: )
As I was walking through the Mall, to my surprise...
Here Comes Kathy!
Yipee!!!
: )
We chatted, for a long time.
It was so Great, seeing her. <3
I asked her, if she could think of any 'worn velvet'...anything?
Jewelry Boxes, Ring...Boxes, Photo Albums, Fabric???
She, couldn't think of any... so, I just started diggin'.
: )
I, don't know why...I Love....worn velvet, so.
There's something...so soulful, about it. 
I didn't find any...
but, I found several other...little 'soulful' things. : )
As I was checking out...
I was waiting for The Girls, that worked there...to wrap up my little treasures, and...turned around, to see a showcase, by the door, I'd missed.
Inside, all folded up...was an 1880's Crazy Quilt, in Velvets. 
Oh...Dear. 
: )
Under it, was a mid 1800's Paisley, Scarf.
Oh...Dear. 
: )
I asked the Girls, if they could get them out, for me. : )
Kathy, helped me hold them out.
oh my.
That Quilt, Blew...my Mind!
Worn Velvet....
and, some of the Best...Hand Work, I've seen in a Long...Time.
<3
I Loved Absolutely...Everything, about it.
It's So...'Iowa'.
'Midwest'. 
<3
I, Loved...the size, as well.
It was like a 'Lap Robe', size.
: )
Sweet!!!
The old...wool Paisley, was Huge.
Probably 10 feet long. 
Absolutely...Beautiful.
{Paisley, reminds me of my Mom. : ) She wore a Lot...of Paisley prints. <3 }
So, I wound up having the Girls, take a couple of things off of my bill, and purchasing the Quilt, and Paisley... instead.
<3 <3 <3 
The Plaza Antique Mall Girls!!! 
{Dyersville, Iowa. }
Love...Them!

I found several...wonderful...little, Soulful Treasures.
The Cast Iron Mortar. They, are So...Cool. They were used in Pharmacies, and, also... to grind herbs, and meal.
 Huge, Stickware Rice Bowl...from the 1800's, 
Sweet, little foot stool...so worn...and Loved.
Two, Darling... old...Trucks, 
A Wonderful leather bound Ledger, from the 1800's about Farming. : ) 

Two...Old, Old... Bottles, that had been hand painted...in the late 1800's,
 along with....the Beautiful...
Textiles. 
<3 
and...
Yes, 
they will all be for sale.
{Not, the bowl. I use them...every day, at Home. : ) Love their Shape! }
People, often wonder... how, when I Love...these treasures so, I can sell them.
It's difficult.
Sometimes...
Very.
: ) 
Just, being able...to enjoy a little time, with them...is a Gift.
Seeing others, Light Up, and Love them...too, is even Better.
<3
If, I should happen to to Have...to, live with them...for a long time, all...the better.
: )
I learned a long time ago...to only by things you love, and appreciate.
I'm going to have an Open House...over the 4th of July.
The Chandelier, sold...last night.
I actually had a Friend in mind, when I bought it.
She Loves It!
<3
My Mom...has been on my heart, so much...lately.
I've had many dreams...about her, lately.
I had to run outside, to Jethro...to get my phone charger, this morning...
while walking back, I saw a Meat Fork...sitting on the table, by the door.
I, don't know Why, or...How...it got there.
I brought it inside.
I looked at the handle, and...saw it was monogrammed.
'Mamma'
<3 <3 <3 
Oh my.
: )
I'm sure... this is one, from the House.
I, just...have No Idea, how it found it's way...from the silverware drawer, outside...
???
A 'Wink'...
from Mamma. : )
When I saw that Beautiful... Paisley, She...was Right There...too. <3 
I've got Lots...of Work to Do...Outside, today.
Hope, whatever....You do, today...
You Enjoy, 
and...
let the 'Journey'...
'Take', You.
; )
Love...to Ya,
Barb C.


{ My Pal, Allyson...called me this morning. She wants to go on another Adventure, with me. : )
Just...for a weekend.
She's a 'Planner'. <3
I, said... let's not 'Plan'... too much, this time. : )
Let's... just Go. : )
Let 'The Journey'... 'Take' us. : )
She...was All...For It! <3 }
The Tune above, by Alison Krauss, reminds me So..Much, of my Dad. Several of her Tunes...do. 
This one, seemed perfect...for today. : ) }

Below are a few pictures of The Crazy Quilt.

No comments: