Friday, March 30, 2018

Are You Ready... for an ADVENTURE!!!! ?

I've been keeping a secret....
: )
Pal, Allyson... several months ago....
invited me, to take another Vacation...with her.
: ) 
As, you all know, if you follow this blog....
I, don't take 'Vacations'. : )
When you're self employed... if you aren't working...
the money, doesn't come in.
However... the Bills, never...stop. 
: )
I'm going...anyway. 
: )
I'm Takin' YOU...With Us!!!
I'm not...sayin'... 'Where', just...yet.
 : )
I'll be posting Every Night, and...going Live...on FB....and taking videos, when I can. 
{Simply Iowa Facebook }

This, is the Third Vacation... Allyson, has invited me to go on.
We went to The Outer Banks, of North Carolina... several years ago.
We stopped at The Biltmore Mansion, took the tour... and visited the Smokey Mountains.
We jumped off 'the beaten path'...met some Cool...Folks, sipped a little 'Real'...
 Moonshine, from a Mason Jar... : ) : ) : ) 
Swam...in the Atlantic, fed the Sea Gulls, as we waited for the Ferry, taking us to Ocracoke Island...
and met some Very...Cool....Folks, on the Island!
It...was Wonderful. : )
Then...she invited me to go to 
New Orleans, a few years back. 
We stopped in Memphis, ate Fabulous BBQ, there...
Stayed in a Wonderful, Old...Hotel...in Natchez, MS...and visited some Amazing Cemeteries...
then...
we had the Run...of Nottoway Plantation. 
We spent the night there, and roamed through the entire Mansion!
We sipped Mint Juleps...on the Balcony....truly, had a Wonderful...Time!
We went on a Cajun boat tour, and fed wild Pigs, that swam up to the boat...to eat Marshmallows, we threw them. <3 <3 <3 
WOW!!!
: )
In New Orleans, we toured the Garden District.... went on the Cemetery Tour, we listened to Blues, and Jazz...in the evenings, stayed on the French Quarter, in a Wonderful...Antebellom Mansion, B&B, and...had some Amazing Food, at K-Pauls, as well, as...'Cajun Martinis'... : )
Allyson, wasn't as fond of them...as I was. : ) Oh Boy!!!
We walked down Bourbon Street, after enjoying Cajun Martinis....
I bought a Cool, Old...Lamp, with a Fringed Shade, and...a Statue... at a Fun Shop, as we walked. 
Allyson carried the lamp... 
I, was carrying my shoes, in one hand... {who needs shoes, when it's hot? } the Cajun Martini......
in the other...
and, wore the Lamp Shade...on my head!
: )
{It was Big. }
A man, came walking up, from behind us...
he said...
"Baby Girl... I was gonna tell ya, how Much I Loved Your Hat....
until, I saw your Friend... carrying The Lamp!!!!!"
Hahahahahaha!!!
Oh Dear!
: )
Allyson, is a Psychiatrist.
: )
I, met her...when she stopped by the rabbit hole, decades...ago.
She, LOVED, and Loves... Old, Iowa...Farm Cupboards.
{We both Loved them... before they were 'Cool', to so many others. <3 }
I, tease her... when she invites me on her Vacations.
I, think...the reason she picks me... 'The Mad Hatter'...to go on her vacations, with...
She's writing a Book. : )
 I'm her 'Study Subject'!!! <3 <3 <3  
Hahahahahaha!!!
Oh Boy!!!
Can't Wait... to Read It!!!
Hahahahahaha!!!
Allyson, has this Trip...all planned out.
{She's Good...at That. : ) I, fly...by the seat of my Britches. : )
Put, the two of us...together, well...
we have a Lot...of Fun. : ) }
STAY TUNED!!!
Love, to ya...
Barb C. 
{We're headin' out...in the Morn.
Kids, are staying at the House, and taking care...
of Critters. <3 }
This, is my Pal... Allyson. <3
I lost my images, from my old computer, several years ago.
Many Images, are on my Blog...from our 'Trips'. Thank God. 
<3 

Below, are a few images, I took...on my 'New Orleans'...adventure, with Allyson.
: )
I swiped them off of my blog posts, from 2010.
{I can't Believe... it's been that long. }
Click on them, to enlarge. Sorry about the scratches, on my screen. Miss. Scarlett.... did that. Oh Dear! : )









No comments: