Saturday, December 9, 2017

the rabbit hole...

I've been whittlin' away....at the rabbit hole.
Folks, have been stoppin' by.... : )
I only advertised here, and on fb, so...it's been pretty slow. 
That's a Good, thing.
: )
It's been Great...seeing the Folks, who have come by, and, am Very Thankful...for their Business!
One Friend, even brought me Treats....today. <3
Homemade....Treats. Oh Boy!!!!
Yes...it was a Good....Day. : )
As, I sat down...this late, afternoon....repairing a Dolly's foot. 
{don't know how it got broken...but, Miss. Scarlett...just Loves her,
 and...I didn't want her to find her, that way. : )
 {She's a 'rabbit hole' mascot. She's been there, nearly since we opened....over 20 years ago. Liz, Loved to play with her, when she was little, too. : ) <3 }
Across from me, was a pile....on a chair...that I haven't gotten to, yet. 
: )
{above picture. : ) }
Even...that 'pile'...looked, so cool...to me. <3 
I, do...enjoy being down the rabbit hole....
even, when....it's a mess. 
<3 
: )
The image below....is of a late 1800's 'Iowa' Crazy Quilt, that I bought....decades ago, at a Flea Market.
I was runnin' around....and saw this Old...Quilt, laying in the back of a Livestock Trailer.
The Vendor, was using it, for a packing blanket.
: (
I asked him, if he'd sell it to me. : )
He couldn't believe...I  would want it. 
: ( 
I, thought...it was Amazing.
: (
I've used it for display, for years.
Peg, wrote the 'Display Only'...tag, and pinned it on. : )
{She got tired...of hearing me disappoint Folks. : ) 
I, guess....I was surprised...that other Folks, would like it too. } 




My Homemade....
Gift.
<3

Sold...the Beautiful....HUGE.... Vintage, Evaporating Dish, to a Dear Friend....today. <3
She's gonna put it, on Her....Harvest Table. <3 

While I was diggin'....this morning, I found the Old....Old....Goose Ornament.
<3
I, made a little Nest, for her...on top of the Ironstone Platter Stack. : )
Sold her....and...the Nest...and....the tiny, Platter....she was resting on. <3
along...with the Beautiful... Chipped...Worn....discolored...Platter, behind her. <3
{We had to put it all back together... so I could get this picture. : )
My Friend...had taken it all apart.
I tried to take a picture, with just the Goose....
It didn't look right...until we put the Old...discolored...Platter, back... <3 }
This, along with the images....below, are a few snippets, of the rabbit hole.
It's comin' along.
: )
Open...Sunday.
11 'til 5.
Love...to ya.
Barb C. 
{when I came, up...to the House.... tonight, I walked into the Big Room, where The Tree...is.
It's not...decorated yet.
It, has all of it's lights, on.... 
{It's been Up...since last year. : ( I'm gettin' Used to It...}
I, haven't turned them on....yet. I want to decorate it...first. }
I stood there....on the landing...by The Tree....
and 
Sang...
'Ave Maria'
as if...
I, were Singing....to The World...and The Heavens. 
: )
This...'Big Room'....John, Built....is 
Perfect....
for...
'Song'.
<3 }









This... is Our Tree, from 2013. <3
I, hope to get 2017 done...this week.
I don't want the Grandkids, to see it....remember...it, any other....way, at Christmas. <3 

No comments: