Friday, December 22, 2017

oh.....dear.

Oh Dear!!!
I haven't been able to get on my little lap top.....because,
when I clicked to watch a Friend's Video... about a little Squirrel, who knocks on a door, to get inside....
a POP Up.... froze my screen.
It said, my computer was being held Hostage!!!
Oh Dear!!! 
I Immediately Shut my computer down....and shut off all internet connections.
Oh Dear!!!!
I, was just sick. 
: (
I'd been thinking...that I MUST, get our pictures all backed up.
now, I was afraid....it was too late. : ( : ( : ( 
With advise, from our Neighbor, who is a Computer Whiz, and a Wonderful...Fellow, at Target....
who, was also...a Whiz Kid, {he thought, the computer, was probably o.k., since I didn't open any files, from the warning....and didn't click...on anything. }
Liz came over....and helped me load ALL of our images...to USB's.
All 35,000 of them!!!! 
I had NO Idea...I had that many pictures.
HOLY SMOKES!!!!
It, appears...the Young Man, at Target....was correct.
I, didn't get hacked.
: )
but....I wasn't about...to get on the internet, until All of the Images...were backed up.
oh....dear!!!
: )
While Liz, and Scarlett... were here, as the Computer was transferring files....
they started decorating The Tree.
: )
I...still....haven't gotten it done.
Too many irons, in the fire.
My heart...simply...hasn't  been there.
: (
I, did...however....have Much Fun.... playing with an Old....Crane, Pal...Mark...gave me.
: )
He said... he'd seen it, on his travels, and thought I might like it. : )
Indeed!
He apologized, because...he hadn't cleaned it up.
: )
It had dirt...packed...around it's wheels....and...inside,
remnants....from it's....
Long...Long....Journey. : )
Better!!!
: )
I knocked off...the loose dirt, carried it inside....
and put it Front, and Center, on the Old Harvest Table...
{Only me, and Harold...could Love. : ) {and, Ed. }
That Old....Crane, as I told Mark...brought back some Wonderful Memories!
I used to haul Scrap Iron, and Car Bodies....to Katz Salvage, in Marion, Iowa....
from the time I was 14.
Henry Katz...would Yell at The Boys, in the Yard...as I'd pull the Truck off of the Scale.
{Where they weighed the Trucks. }
"Get This Truck Unloaded.....for Marion's Daughter!!!!"
: )
He didn't have to have them, after all......I loaded it. : )
The Boys, in the Yard..were Always....So....Kind. : )
They could make those Old Cranes...and Magnets...do Amazing...Things!
Watching them....was like watching a Ballet! 
They could Unload...my Truck...in moments.
They'd Swing those Old Cranes...around, and....never...touch....the Truck.
{Or, me...or...the Many, who were Busy...Busy...Working, around them!!! }
They'd pick Every Single...'Scrap' out...of the Bed, come within a 'Whisper'....of the Truck, but...
Never....Touch it.
AMAZING!!!!
{I, always...felt...a little...uneasy, when they used the Big Magnet, tho. : ) 
It lifted the Truck up...a little. Yikes! }
: ) : ) : ) 
So....I filled the little Old Truck...on the Table....with Vintage Ornaments, and Beaded Garland....
then, situated the Old....Crane, dirt....and all... 
{just, like...the Old Cranes...at the Junk Yard. <3 }
and....put It...to Work. <3 <3 <3 
: ) 
Great... Memories!!!
Those.... were The Days!
: )
Henry Katz...called me, 'The Barefoot Princess'.... Hahahahaha!
I, Never...wore shoes... much...after the Frost left the ground...in the Spring!!!
Hahahaha....
oh dear. : )
I'm hoping...to get The Tree... done, tomorrow. 
Nothin' like...'Cuttin' It Close'!
oh...dear.
: )
Love, to ya...
Barb C.
{I played "If we make it through December"....above.
It reminds me so Much....of so Many...Christmas's.
I remember, my Dad....working...so Hard.
December....was always....always....so ruff. 
John, too. He worked...So Hard. and....
Christmas, was always....such a worry, for us.
But, somehow...we always...made it. : ) 
Dad, would many...times, go out...on Christmas, to feed livestock, and never come home.
He felt...bad, I...think...he couldn't do more...for the Kids.
: (
The thing...is, Just having Him, and John...was such a Gift, Every Day...of The Year.
Including.... Christmas. <3 <3 <3 
It's gonna be lean, around here....this year.
I've already...told the Kids. : )
I worked too many estate sales....this year. They pulled me off the road. 
I have to find...The Road, next year. : ) }
p.s.....
I, was just thinking, about how Very... Blessed, I was....
having Two, of the Most...Amazing...Men, in my life.
<3
I, honestly....don't remember....many, of the 'Christmas Gifts', they gave me....over my lifetime.
Here's.. the 'Gift' I DO...recall, that they Each...Gave me.... every single Moment...that we shared...together. 
: )
Such a 'Priceless'...
Gift. 
<3 <3 <3 











No comments: