Saturday, December 30, 2017

New Years Eve... Eve.

This time of year....
is such a 'reflecting'...time.
I, tend to look back, over the year, and...years...past.
So many...memories. : )
Some..make me laugh. 
Some...make me cry.
I, guess...that's true, with us all. 
: )
I walked through the house...this evening, went into rooms, 
I hadn't been in...for a long...long...time.
Memories...
Memories...
Memories.
: ) 
Went through some of the cupboards, and held....some Beautiful...
Memories...in my hands.
: )
Cards, and gifts...from Friends, that are no longer with us.
In Son, Justin's old Room, there's an early....early.... {1840's }
Empire Chest of Drawers.
It came from an Estate Sale, that was conducted for a Fellow Antique Collector, Ron.
He passed away, suddenly, several years ago.
He used to come to the sales, here, and....I'd see him, out...at all of the sales...around Cedar Rapids.
He, was such a Kind....Man. : )
On top of the Old...Chest, is a Drawered.... Empire piece. 
I bought it a few years ago.
It was at Verl Banowetz's Auction, in Maquoketa, Iowa.
I remember driving there, before dawn.
It was so foggy. 
There was So Much Stuff!!!
Inside...Outside....
Rows...and Rows...and...Rows....
Inside, Many Buildings....
Outside....
Covering Acres.
Oh My!

I visited with Verl....for quite a while. : )
Pal, Mark...followed me, to the Auction.
We Filled our Vehicles.
Many...Did. 
These....
'Old' Souls....
are Somethin' Else. : )
If, only...'they' could talk.
 : )
I, can...speak, a little...for them.
The Wonderful, 'snippets', 'moments'...of our 'Journeys'...together. 
Imagine...
The Stories...'They', could tell. <3 <3 <3 
I've met...so Many, Wonderful Folks....
who Share, this...Crazy, Love...of Old. 
: )
Memories.
oh...my.
Happy New Years Eve... 
Eve.
Love, to ya...
Barb C.

{I've told Folks....over the years,
'There's a reason, I don't buy things...from Folks...I'm not fond of.'
I 'see'...faces, 'memories'...'Friends'...in every 'Old Soul'. <3 <3 <3
I don't want to 'see'...anything, but... 'Good', and 'Happy'...when my eyes, fall upon them.
I, won't bring anything....'Home', or...to the rabbit hole, that doesn't have 'Good'...
'Soulfulness'...
wrapped around it.  <3 <3 <3  : )
The old...old....20.00, Drawered piece, rode Home...next to me,
in the cab...of The Ford. : ) <3 }


The Brockmeyers..... gathered a Huge Load...too. <3
They, also...helped me, LOAD.
Bless Their Hearts!!!
Don't know, who these Folks were, but....They got...a Nice Load, too. : ) 
Liz, and Miss. Scarlett, helped me unload, and clean things up....from that Auction.
The next day, all of it, went to the Midwest Show, in Cedar Rapids.
oh....my.
Long....Days. : )

Our Booth, at Midwest.
<3
I was sooooo Tired, as I worked on that booth.
I, was sooooo angry, when I was told, about 8, that evening, I had to quit....working on the booth.
They were closing the doors.
I, wanted to work...all night. 
Never...Enough Time. 
Never.
: ) 
I got there, at the crack of dawn...the next morning, and had a few hours, before the show opened.
Never...
Enough...
Time!!!
Hahahahaha!!!


The Empire, drawered piece, that I bought at the Auction, and visited...today...is sitting on the white pedestal, between the two Victorian Chairs.
It, nearly...sold, at the show.
When it didn't....I brought it Home.
: )
I've Never....seen anything...like it.
It's double sided.
Front and back, look identical.
One side, is false.
The other...has a drawer...that opens.
It also...has a 'secret' drawer, above the working drawer.
It's amazing.
All...hand dovetailed, construction.
It reminds me...of something...that would have been from the South.
Verl....had Wonderful...Taste, in Furniture.
He bought rare, and unusual.
<3
I was prepared to spend a bunch...on that piece.
I waited beside it, until it sold. It was so Crazy...with so many 'Rings'...going at the same time.
I, think...I payed....20.00 for it.
I, was Floored.
Most things, brought very Good....Money, at that Auction.
I was Happy for Verl. : )
Justin's old...Room.
The Empire, Chest.... is the one, with the white knobs.
Peg's Brother, Jerry....used to own the Old, Rocker.
It's probably....from the 1840's...too.
Jerry, passed away...many years ago. Peg, had many...of his things.
Jerry, loved...'Old', too. <3
Peg, gave me his Rocker...a long....time ago. <3
I see so Many... Friends, when I walk through our Home.
This, room....alone.... I see,
Jan, Peg, Jerry, Dick B., Cindy, Bill, Verl, Mark, Mary, Jim, Ron, Gail, Kevin, Jeff,  David, John,
Justin, Dave, Rick, Dick T., Gary, Tom, Paula, Colleen, Bart...
and, I'm Sure....I'm missing a few. <3
One....Room.
Little...
Room.
: )
Lots...of 'Memories'...in one...little...room.
<3

No comments: