Monday, November 27, 2017

The Ford... was Happy to Find the Road, and...a Lovely...Load.


It was 3:00, this afternoon, before I could hit the road.
But... me and The Ford... gathered a Lovely.... Load.
Just got Home...a little bit ago.
: )
We traveled nearly 250 miles.
Some of the Highways, I'd Never Seen... before. 
{I've 'seen'...a Lot, of Iowa's Roads. : ) }
Curvy.... Winding... Back Roads...., in the Dark.
: )
My gps, on my phone....that I NEVER Use, sent me to a Man's House....
in the middle of Nowhere!!! : )
Thankfully, the Nice Man, was working outside, and saw me pull in....
He was So Kind.
: )
He told me step by step... how to cut across Country, to 'Get Where I'm Goin'.
: ) : ) : ) 
That's MY....Kinda 'GPS'.
'Good People Samaritan' 
: )
{Go right...at the corner... then, go until you see the Corner Store. That's a 'T', turn right.... then cross the highway... go until you hit the gravel. You'll see a Church, turn left...there. : ) }
Yep. <3
Every place...me and The Ford...stopped, we were Greeted by Wonderful....Folk. <3
I bought two...old....old....Cupboards, at my first stop.
They'd been in the Barn....forever.
<3
Then, picked up...a Truly....Amazing, Table.... not far from The Mississippi River, in Eastern Iowa.
Those Folks....who had it, were Gems. <3
The Wife... was so worried, that I'd get Home o.k. : )
I just called her, and let her know. <3 : )
Her Husband....hunted me up an extra Ratchet Strap.
: )
Seems, I'd transferred mine, from The Ford, to The Fuso... while loading, for Junk Jubilee.
I'd forgotten.
They gave me Great Directions, like...above.... that shaved half an hour...off of my drive.
Awesome. : )
The Wife, Loved....the Beautiful Table, but... didn't have a use for it, anymore.
She gave me all of the History, and...I assured her, I would pass that along.
It's BEAUTIFUL.
: )
I'm working away, down the rabbit hole.
Open House....
is December 1, 2 and 3.
Oh Dear!!!!
Miles...and Miles....yet, to go. 
but, we'll get there.
: )
Love, to ya...
Barb C.
{I listened to Old...Christmas Tunes, the entire 'Journey', today. <3
Some... made me Laugh. : ) : ) : )
Some...made me sad. : (
Guess... that's what The Holidays.... 'do'. <3
While, driving....through the 'little' Towns, on the Back Roads...that were So Beautifully...Adorned, with 'Christmas'....my heart....melted. <3
'Big Cities'.... have Nothing, on these Beautiful...'little' 'Communities' : ) : ) : ) 
None of Them... cut down a Big Beautiful...'Tree'.... and 'plunked' it, in a 'place of honor'.
 None of  'Them'....have a Big Ball, that Drops....on January 1.
: )
They don't 'Need'....any of that. : )
They, Have It All. : ) <3 <3 <3 }

No comments: