Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Simply... Iowa. {oh dear}

Received a call... from a Young Man, yesterday...
He's scrappin' out  a bunch of Farm Machinery, not far from home.
Tho... I was workin'... Hard, trying to get everything tucked away, and loaded...
for Junk Jubilee Jingles,
{2nd. Weekend, in November...}
: )
I... bailed in the Old Gypsy Ford, and we hit the dirt roads, to check out the Farm.
: )
{I have to get back on track, at the Living Estate Sale, by Thursday. 
Much to finish up, there. 
That Sale...will be in mid October. : ) 
Around... the Corner!}
Oh My!!!!
What a Wonderful Time... I had, on that Old Farm!
Reminded me So Much... of my Dad. : ) <3 
He was a 'Junk Man'...
I spent most of my childhood, with him... at Old Farms, where he scrapped Farm Machinery, Cars and Trucks. <3
There were So Many...Old Trucks, and Tractors!
Machinery...of Every Kind.
it, Truly was....
'Junk Man's Heaven'!!! 
<3 <3 <3 
I bought, some very gnarly....dibs, and dabs.
Then...
I spotted this Old Ford, Dump Truck.
: )
oh dear. 
I, could buy it, for 'Scrap' price.
oh dear. 
: )
My Dad... would Be All Over It!!!!
John, on the other hand. 
: )
oh dear.
Here's what I'd say, to John.
"Yeah... I know....there's an Old Mulberry Tree... growing up, where the engine...was. : )
but...
The Hood's in the back... so is the Bumper. 
They, said... they'd take down the Tree...
and...
we could buy it for Scarp Price!
: ) : ) : ) 
Wouldn't it be a Great... Piece...
to have....
with a Sign... on it, for The Rabbit Hole????"
: )
"I'll... bet, they'd even Deliver It!!!! You Wouldn't have to Touch...it!"
<3 <3 <3 
I, know... John would grumble...a little.
but...
It's a FORD!!!
<3 
I'm trying to find a 'Place'...for it.
I have it, 'On Hold'. <3
As I was frantically... trying to get the Fall Harvest Sale, pulled together...
I was dripping wet, with sweat.
It, was in the 90's... before the sale started.
I was going through some things, that...I'd tucked away.
I, ran across this Old...Flannel Shirt.
When I held it in my hands....
I, had the most Wonderful...'feeling'.
It's soooo...soft. <3
then, I held it to my face.
It...had the Most... Wonderful...Scent.
<3
It was Peg's.
I'm...Sure... of it.
<3
: )
She, must have left it here, the last time...she helped me.
Pal, Brandon... whom...Loved Peg, too...
stopped by, during the sale....
I asked him, to hold it...and...'feel'...it.
He, without...blinking, said....
'Peg'. 
<3
{Peg, adored... Brandon. : ) <3 }
I, put her Flannel... with John's... Old...Metal Lawn Chair, that sits under his Beloved...
Old Oak, Tree. <3
I, remember John, having that old Chair...by the door to his Shop....
for years.
I'd dragged it Home, long ago... and asked him to 'tighten' it up.
Instead...
he kept it.
: )
It Leaned...FAR....to one side, when he sat in it. 
He didn't care. : ) 
When he took a break... he'd sit, in it... 
light up a Lucky... and watch The World...go by. : ) <3 
{No One...Else... would Dream...of Attempting, to sit in it. : )
 John, knew that... so, he didn't worry about anyone... talking me 'out' of it. : ) <3 }
Very few... 'Know'... about John's Chair, that sits next to us...during The Sales.
Now, Peg... and John.... will be represented.
<3
I'm Sure... They Both...are laughing. <3
Love, to ya...
Barb C.

{and... Damn It!!!
There's Somethin'...about an Old Ford...Truck!!! 
John Knew how I  am... when he met me. <3 
I was driving a 1961, One Ton... Flatbed Ford, with a Hydraulic Lift, that Dad...put on. 
I, was a 'Scrap Iron' Hauler. : ) 
{That's why I Thank God... Every Day, that John... put up...with me. <3 }
This...Old...Ford, is gonna go across the Scales... for 'Scrap'....
if, I don't step up. 
They've... already... 'scrapped'... some Amazing... Old....Souls. : ( : ( : ( }

John, was 'Ford' Man. <3 <3 <3 
I rented his Ford Car Hauler... before I met John.
Dad, set the deal up.
I hauled old...Car Bodies... to the Junk Yard... with John's Ford. <3



No comments: