Thursday, December 8, 2016

The... 'Kitchen Queen'.


: )
I, don't know what it is...about 'Old Cupboards'...that pull so, on my heart strings.
Just, picked this one up... this morn.
It's lived in the same Iowa County.... it was delivered to, 90, or so...years ago....until, today.
Still has the paper label... from The Hoosier Company... that said it was shipped to Grinnell, Iowa.
: )
This, style...of Cupboard, was quite a 'Modern'...thing, back...in the day.
It has a tin lined drawer, for Bread.
They, had a Flour Box, and sifter.
{the one, in this...is long gone, like most of them...these days. }
Spice racks, on the upper door. {This one, still has that. : ) }
Some called these, 'Kitchen Queens'....
: )
They Had Everything... a Baker, 'Homemaker'....could wish for. : )
The 'work surface'...pulls out, several inches....so, you could easily...roll dough, or...cut noodles.
: )
This one... is a bit... different. I've never seen a 'black' porcelain... work surface.
It's original. : )
The 'tambour'...doors, in the center, still....slide, with ease. : )
I, wonder... if this Old Hoosier, was originally painted.
Many, that weren't Oak, were painted....originally, at The Hoosier Factory.
Many...30, 40...and 50 years ago...were stripped, to show 'Wood'.
Everything...
'Trends'. : )
These Old...'Hoosiers'... where Crazy...Expensive....a few decades...ago.
{and, when they were 'New', in the early 1900's, through the Depression years....}
then, they...slacked off.
I, see them... being 'Admired'...once, again. : )
I, think... because, they are so Versatile.
Folks, are... 'Cooking', Baking...and Canning...again.
These, Old...Cupboards...
were
Designed....for That.
: )
yes, I guess, they are...
Indeed...
'Kitchen Queens'.
<3
I haven't bought a Hoosier Cupboard, for a long time.
but...
I liked this one. : )
If, it doesn't sell... that's o.k.
I'll use it for display....until, it finds the Perfect...'Home'. : )
I've got so Many....wonderful...old....'Kitchen'...related pieces, and early...Cook Books, I've tucked, away....
 that...I could use... a 'Kitchen Queen'...to display, them on. <3
She's headed to the rabbit hole...in the morn.
{I'll bet, Her Majesty ....is shiverin'...on the bed...of The Ford, tonight. : )
It's a Cold One! }
I'll have the shop...open, over the weekend.
She'll be 'set'...and warm....by then. : )
Love, to ya...
Barb C.


I, posted...above...
one of The Best... thoughts, of 'Christmas'...I've ever heard.
Reminds me...of my Dad...John...Peg, and...so Many, I've been so Very...Blessed, to have Known...and Loved.
<3
This, Old....Hoosier, reminds me...of my Dad's... stories...of The Depression, years.
<3
So...Difficult, yet...'Dad'...never, once said, how 'difficult'...they were.
{He regretted...he couldn't have done more...for his Grandparents.... but, he, was...just a teen.}
He shared...The Warmth...he experienced...from, Family...and...'Togetherness'.
{they, had to be, 'Close'. Times, were...Tuff. }
but... Dad, remembered those years... Fondly.
<3
What a Gift.

No comments: