Sunday, July 24, 2016

Angels... with 2x4's.

Looking back... over the years....
some of my Biggest... Heartaches...
in this 'business'... have been over
 Old Cupboards.
maybe...
it's because, I Love Them....So Much!
I can go right down the line... again....and again...
and, 
again...
with 'Stories', about Old Cupboards.... and how they've come between....
me, and... 'Friends'.
One of my Favorite... 'Cupboard Stories'...
happened years ago.
There was a Farm Auction... a Friend, was 'Ringing' at.
I knew, and Loved... the Auctioneer, I'd known him... and admired him....
since Dad left me off at Auctions, to do his Bidding... for him.
I was about 7 or 8... and The Auctioneer... was just starting out.
He, is one of the Kindest... most Honest... Men, in the Business.
: ) 
The Ringman... had called me, several days...before the Auction.
He took me through all the Old Buildings. Some, were falling in.
He told me... there was an Old...Cupboard...that 'Has Your Name On It!!!'...
in one of the dilapidated sheds.
Brownie... {The Ringman}... was Right.
oh my.
: )
I wasn't sure How... I was gonna get that Wonderful....Massive....Old....
Farm Cupboard, Out...of that Shed... 
{The Shed... was resting on The Old Cupboard....and it was Buried... in Rubble.
but...
By God....
I'd figure it out!!!}
but, first....
I had to get it bought.
It was a fairly big...Auction.
I arrived early... and scoped everything out... the day of the sale.
I bought... quite well... at the beginning....
Lot's of 'Farm Junk'. : )
At noon... my Favorite Auctioneer... made an announcement.
"We're Gonna Stop Selling... up by The House... 
{where I had been buying...a Lot. Had Piles!!!}
and...
We're gonna Go Down to The Field... and Sell Machinery!!!"
I was standing with him... {I always... stay close...to The Auctioneer. I learned that, I guess... when I was little, doing Dad's Bidding. I didn't want to get 'Missed'. : ) }
So, a little nervous... {I thought... 'I don't want any 'Machinery'... and...I could Load...while he's selling....
Yet.
I didn't want to miss that Cupboard.}
so...
I asked my Favorite Auctioneer, if 'ALL'... he was going to sell... was 'Machinery'.
He got back on his 'speaker' and said....
"We Are ONLY Selling Machinery! When We're Done... We'll Come Back Up...
and Take Off...Where We Left Off! : ) "
I was Good to Go!
Called John, had him bring the 20 foot Flatbed Trailer...
{The Sale... was only 4 miles from Home. : ) }
He had no more... than pulled in....
I had a 'Pile'... of Old Chicken Nests.... Feeders... Wash Tubs.... and such... waiting, when he arrived....
then...
for some....reason...
I got this...'Sick'...feeling... in my Gut.
I walked away, from the pile...and began heading towards the Machinery.
{About a Football Field, away. }
as I was walking.... Brownie, was coming towards me... with a 'sheet' for the Clerk, at The House.
I blurted out...
"Brownie.... they didn't sell that Cupboard.... did they?"
He said... "Yeah! Where Were Ya???"
oh... my....Lord.
I went Numb.
I Froze.... in my Tracks.
I couldn't even answer him.
It had started....to mist.... 
I...was half....soaked.
and...
Frozen...in my tracks.
I started to turn around, and follow Brownie....to The Clerk...to pay,
{Because... there wasn't Anything... I wanted...left at that sale. 
I...was Done. }
Then, something....inside me.... began to Burn.
oh dear.
{I thought.... do I Say Something....to My Favorite Auctioneer....
or...
'let it go'.
The Fire....Inside Me...Won!!!
I Turned Around....
Headed for My Favorite Auctioneer.
He was quite a ways... a way, yet....it seemed I was to The Crowd... surrounding him....
in The Blink...of an Eye.
I didn't walk...
I Stomped!!!
I Felt...The Earth...Quake...Under My Feet.
{so, must of all of the Folks... surrounding My Favorite Auctioneer.
I didn't have to stop... or...excuse... myself.
The Crowd Parted....
Like The Red Sea.
In an Instant... I was Standing Toe To Toe....
with...
My Favorite Auctioneer.
He, halfway....smiled... as he was looking at me, and trying to sell a Tractor.
then...
he stopped.
: )
{still... 'half'...smiling....: ) : ) : ) }
I looked at him....
and All....I could Spit Out....was....
"Honey, You'd Better Learn...What's Machinery....and What Ain't!!!".
then...
I Spun around... and headed Back... Through The Parted...Sea!!!
{There were two Elderly, Farm Ladies... standing near the front... 
Their voices....were the only ones... I heard speak....
{You could have heard a Pin...Drop. }
One said... to the Other...
in a whisper....
"what did she say???"
"she said, he'd better learn what's 'machinery'...and what ain't....."
Oh Dear.
The Earth.... was Still....Quaking.
I walked {Stomped} to the Old Farm House.... Paid my Bill....
John, was smokin' a stogie.... and had stacked a few things, from my gathered pile... on the trailer....
then...
I...Began To Load.
{He stood back... and finished his Stogie. }
I had that Trailer Loaded... in a few....short minutes.
Things, that I thought I'd need help with....
Were Sailing...Through The Air.
oh dear.
I told John... we should take the Trailer Home...
and go get some Supper. 
I couldn't Think...about Cookin'....Anything.
We went to his Favorite Place.... to eat, {My Treat!!}
 I sat down...
and said...
"LORD... my Feet Hurt!!! It must be from All of That Stompin'!!!
: )
He thought it was Funny. : ) <3
I, thought... I was an Idiot.
I told him... how sorry I was... for losing my temper.... and, how I owed My Favorite Auctioneer... and Apology.
I wanted to call him, but... I knew... I had to make that 'apology'... Eye to Eye, the same way.....
I had confronted him.
a 'simple' call... wouldn't do.
I stewed over it.... all week.
oh dear. 
: (
My Favorite Auctioneer, was having another Auction, the following Saturday...
about 40 miles away... 
I knew, I had to get there early...with 'Hat in Hand'... and, Hope...
he'd Forgive me.
: (
When I arrived, at The Farm Auction, the next Saturday...
 I could see, My Favorite Auctioneer... way off... in the distance.
{He wears a White Cowboy Hat. : ) }
Up a Long...Lane...
he stood, near the Old Farm House.
He saw me, when I got within about 50 feet, of him.
He Smiled... Threw his arm... over his face...
and Yelled...
"Ya Gonna Hit Me????!!!" : ) : ) : )
I smiled back...shook my head.... and said... "No.... : ) 
I'm here to tell you, how Sorry...I am, for my 'behavior'... and, Hope... You'll Forgive....me. : ) "
He Laughed. : )
Said... it was his fault. He'd said, he wasn't going to sell anything...but machinery, but....someone...had asked him to sell the contents of the sheds... as they were walking to the Machinery... and he did, not knowing... I'd been waiting for that. 
{Another reason why.... you always...always... stand near, The Auctioneer. : ) and Stay 'With Him!} }
I Thanked him... for his Kindness.
: )
<3
I turned to go home... there was nothing at that auction... I wanted, except....
to Beg for Forgiveness... : )
As I was walking down the hill... to the road....
a Man, yelled towards me.
I turned around...
he said...
"Hey, You Buy Old Cupboards... don't ya?"
I said.. "Yep.... I do. : ) "
"Well, I have a couple... in my Garage... I'd like to sell. Would you be interested in  taking a look at 'em. "
: )
"Sure"
I said.
We exchanged information....
and I went to see him... the next day.
: )
He, was the man... who bought the contents of the shed, the week prior.
He had That... Amazing Old Cupboard...
 {That he about got Killed by... when trying to get it out. The Shed Collapsed. }
and... another, Early Cupboard... that was Twice...as Good.
He priced them both....to me, for what I was willing to pay, for the 'One'... buried in the shed.
That's how God....works.
Had I not went to 'Apologize'.....
I'd never met the Man... with the Cupboards.
<3
I've had several... 'experiences'... with Old....Cupboards.... 
like this 'Journey'... I've learned a lot.
They've Shown me A Lot... about 'me'... and 'Others'.
Just had another one...teach me a 'lesson'...this Evening.
: )
I 'never' look on Craigslist... but, tonight, I did.
There was a Pie Safe.... near Des Moines.... for 85.00.
I called the Man, told him... I'd take it.
Assured Him...It was 'Sold'... 
I'd be there in the morning.
We talked for quite awhile.
: )
{It was nearly 8:00 and it's 2 hours to DM. I have Scarlett and Sweetie, who has to come with. I can't leave her in the House, alone. 
He 'assured' me... he'd save it.
No Problem. : )
I told him, I'd be there by 9:00...in the Morn! : )
We had it all set up. : )
At 11:20.... just as I was heading to bed...
I went to set my alarm, on my phone...
and, he'd texted me a message.
{around 11:00}
Said he'd sold the Cupboard, to someone else.
: )
I texted back....

"That makes me sad. : (
I was looking forward to the trip.
I know, Craigslist... is strange. 
And...a lot of people, these days...don't keep their word.
But I do. : ) "

Ya know... It doesn't bother me. 
: )
{well.... maybe...a little. }
: )
Who knows... maybe, there would have been an accident.
{I had... kind of a 'funny' feeling...about this trip. }
and,
 I even thought... as I was doing laundry...tonight, by the time I pay for fuel....
and the Pie Safe... 
{It was a 'Bad Color'... I'd have to do something with....}
well...
there wouldn't have been much 'meat left on the bones'. : )
yes....
Everything... happens, for a reason.
 : ) 
My Favorite....Auctioneer, would be Proud. : )
The Bottom Line, 
If It's Meant to Be...
It Shall...
Be.
: )
Love, to ya....
Barb C.

{I read a Quote from Joel Osteen, as I was waiting for clothes to wash.... tonight.
{Before, I received 'the text' }

"Life is 10% What Happens to You....
and...
90% how.... you respond."

The Only Thing....we can Control...
is Our Attitude.

{Workin' on it. : ) }
I look around, the House... tonight.... and 'see'... The Old Cupboards.... that have 'found' their way... 'Home'.
oh my.
: )
I... am... Blessed. <3


No comments: