Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Thank You...

Thank You to All....
Who Attended...and Shopped The Memorial Day Weekend Sale.
Thanks, to the One's... who Shared on FB...and with each other.
Thanks, to The Collector's Journal {Vinton, Iowa} 
They always do such a Great Job... for us. : ) 
Thanks, to Everyone... who brought...such Wonderful Treasures. <3
Thanks, to Those, who Helped... Tirelessly.... <3
It was Great.... seeing, Everyone!
Thank You. <3 <3 <3 
This little Girl... was So Sweet! She lugged that chair up... for her Mama.
{we grabbed it, right away... when we saw her... but... had to get this image.
Darling! <3 }

This, was a very difficult Sale...
on every....level.
My...Polly, went to Heaven... last Thursday morn. 
I'd slept on the floor with her... all night, she just.... was done.
Liz and I... took her to the Vet... had to carry her.
I held her in my arms...the entire ride... <3
 I was so hoping the Lord... would have taken her...Home, and...I wouldn't have had to make that decision.
It was the first time... in my life, I had to.
I stayed with her...until she slipped away. 
Walking.... into the house... is the hardest thing.
oh my.
She Always... waited for me, by the door.
and... never left my side, when we were together.
never.
My Polly... was SUCH... a Gift. ..for nearly 13 years.
I...don't think... I could have 'made'... it, these last two years... without her.
Liz said... "Mom, Polly... never would have lived this long... without you.
She had the best...life."
I see it... the other way... around. <3 <3 <3 

That, was the day... before The Sale... opened.
John...passed away, two years, and a day... before...that....during The Sale.
I was Thankful... Polly made it past that day. 
Just.... so much.
Not having Peg...here... yet 'seeing' her, and John... Everywhere.... oh my.... : (
and... trying to keep everything.... upbeat... and getting it done, or as close to done... as could be...
wasn't easy, I'll admit.
{When Polly passed away.... I reached for my phone... to call Peg.
She worried about her...so much... these last few months. }
Peg... and me. <3
Peg's Celebration of Life... 
will be June 6th, at 11:00 
at Cedar Memorial, The Chapel of Memories.
in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. 
Hope, to see you, that knew and Loved her... there. 


John.
I can't believe... it's been two years.
I dream of him..most, every night.
It's always the same.
He...comes walking in the door... kind of apologetic... for 'worrying' me, : )
 like, all of 'this'... wasn't really real.
I'm Always...So Happy...to See Him!!!
Thinking It All...was a Horrible.... Mistake.
but... not caring, about why... it happened...
Just So Glad... to have him back in my arms.... Again.
I can hear his voice...feel... his touch... : ) : ) : )
then... I wake up....
and... realize... the 'awake' hours... are the 'nightmare'. 

I just...couldn't 'Think' about any of them. 
I...knew... if I did... I'd melt... into a puddle.
{I did... a time or two. but... I believe...through Prayer... my knees stayed 'locked'. }
So Much... is depending on... 'Sales'.
So Many... Obligations.
Git'er Done!!! Git'er Done!!!
oh my.
Sadly... we had a major theft, down the rabbit hole, on Sunday.
A young man and woman... filled their cars.... as we were busy.
We got plate numbers, and called the Sheriff.
They turned the rabbit hole upside down... went through drawers... and piled things all over the floor... in no time.
They were moving fast, taking things...that made no sense.
Plastic toys... fragments of jewelry... {'costume'... that I had placed on an old...chandelier. 
They picked pieces from it..... like a bird would. I caught them while doing that.}
They did.... get a Beautiful, Old Kitchen Clock... a Big Dome...and my Favorite...worn... Mohair...Teddy Bear. {and...much more, I am sure. I didn't know, they were filling their cars... but, I caught them 'destroying'.... and put them on the run. I found another of their waiting 'stashes'...outside the fence... as I waited for the Sheriff. }
The Sheriff thought, they were most likely.... on drugs. 
I was very Blessed... to have Liz... Barry and Scotty... helping pull things...out, and get them displayed...prior to The Sale.
Brandon and Justin...helped getting the tents up... as did Mark.
Big Help.
: )
I took the day off... yesterday.
from...
Everything.
Back, to work...today.
well... shortly.
Something must have gotten flushed down the toilet, that shouldn't have...
The toilet overflowed this morning..., I didn't catch it... until it flooded the bathroom, hallway.... and part of the basement.
so...
I've been moppin'....  : )
{just takin' a break, to catch up... 'here'. }
The house... is a mess.
We have so much work... to get done, outside... too.
It's gonna be a long week.
 Month. 
I feel so Blessed, that the weather, pretty much held...and so many Folks... came.
: )
I hope... they know... how Very Much... I Appreciate... Them.
I know, I wasn't myself... this sale. but... I did the best I could.
It is... what it is.
It will... be... what it will be. 
Love, to ya... 
Barb C.






No comments: