Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Riddles.

"In The Gardens of Memories....
and in
The Palace of Dreams...
that's... where we'll meet."
said, The Hatter.
Alice, replied...
"But, a 'Dream'...is not, reality."
The Hatter, smiled....and said...
"Who's to say, which...is which?"
: )
{This is the 'Good Bye'... between The Hatter, and Alice.
from the movie...
'Through the Looking Glass'
Very, close... to the words... I spoke to Peg, when we parted... and, my Polly. }


I went to see 'Through The Looking Glass'... tonight.
It's been haunting me, since I saw the trailer, last year.
It struck me...when I saw it was to be released over Memorial Day Weekend.
The trailer... frightened me. It did, Peg...as well.
It seemed 'Ominous'... and dark....to us.
Just the 'snippets'... seemed, very close, to home, like the 2010 movie.
This one...was about 'Time'... the lack of.
The manipulation... of.
Friends... in trouble, with no 'time' to waste.
There were Clocks...and Clocks.. and Movements...with gears...turning.
{I've collected Clocks... of every shape...and size. Some, very ruff... for over 20 years. }



Every Sunday... John, would wind clocks.
There are many.
They haven't been wound... since he fell ill.
I told John... they would sit silent... until, he was on his feet...again.
: )
They, haven't 'spoken'... for over two years.
It's 'quiet'.... in the house.
The above clock... was one, I found... when my Sister, Chery... was with. : )
She encouraged me to buy it....20 years ago.
<3
It's a E.N.Welch....from the 1870's, or so... that hung in The Kuba Funeral Home...in Cedar Rapids, for decades.
Kuba... was who I called, for both Mom, and John.
We didn't 'plan'... on that.
Kuba, was Mom's thought. She was Czech.
They, were... wonderful.

The 'Alice in Wonderland'... that was released in 2010... had so many parallels...to 'the rabbit hole',
John and Peg... even went to see it....with me.
I could connect, all of the characters, with... people...I knew... through the rabbit hole.
Peg... was The Mad March Hare... I...was The Hatter, and, sometimes...Alice.
John... was Absalom. {The Wise... Caterpillar }
I could go on... and on.
The Rabbit Hole... played...Itself.
{I swore... Tim Burton, had visited our 'rabbit hole' }
Mostly... everything, was in 'Riddle' form... to me.
as, was this one.
The strange thing... I sold... The Perfect, Pier Mirror...That...Was,
'The Looking Glass'....a year ago.

It broke my heart.
{bills to pay... obligations, to meet. }
Every time...I looked at it, after it sold...my heart was saddened.
after all... what is a 'rabbit hole'...without a 'Looking Glass'?
The Folks, who bought it, were restoring a building, and left it down the rabbit hole, for safe keeping.
They came to me... last week, and said, sadly... they could find no place...for it.
They asked, if I could re sell it...for them. : ) 
oh dear.
I'm going to try...and find a way to buy it back.
That, kind of opportunity... rarely...happens.
Not, with 'something'... like this.
and, as we all know... Everything Happens for a Reason.
{They found Perfect Places... for Everything Else. Big... 'Everythings'. }

The reviews... for the movie... have been poor.
Overall... I, would agree...if, you can't 'see'... the parallels....in your life,
or...be good at... deciphering  'riddles'.
I can.
There were Many.
Many.
It...was exactly... what I needed to see.
If you go, don't try and find a 'plot'.
: )
That's, not... what it's about. {in my opinion}
It's the 'snippets'... that you, will find...that 'parallel'... where your life is.
If you haven't seen the 2010... 'Alice', I'd recommend... you watch it first.
I watched them both, in 3D. It's worth it. : )
Love, to ya...
Barb C.
I found this poem, shortly after my Sister, Chery... passed away.
I had it engraved... on brass plates, that I had mounted to a Concrete Book, on a Pedestal...
that, is now, under a Beautiful Tree, here... that John planted, in her Memory.
I had Chery's 'Journey'... etched, on one page.... this poem, on the other.
She Loved... Clocks. She taught me... all about them.
it...all... seemed... perfect.
Every Word... of it.
About a week, after...I had this done, a friend, gave me a framed poem, from the 1920's...that he said....
"Has Your Name....On It!!!"....
it was the above.
: )
{spelled correctly. I forgot a few 'o's when I wrote this, it's correct... on Chery's Memorial}
I'd never seen, this poem...before.
then... within a week.... I'd seen it, twice.
: )
Yes.... Everything... 'happens'... for a reason.
and, if you keep your eyes open...
you'll see, a 'few winks'. <3




1 comment:

sue in mexico mo said...

Thinking of you. I hope you can slow down and have a great summer!