Friday, November 27, 2015

The Tree goes Up... Today.

Liz is coming out....
and is helping me get 'The Tree'... Up.
: )
It's our Tradition.... to put The Tree Up....
the day after Thanksgiving....
and put it away.... 
New Years Day.
It was sooooo Difficult... last year.
I...didn't want to put it up.
John always helped me...We'd put it up...and light it.... then... he'd get outta here.
 hahahahaha.
He wanted no part... of the 'Bling'... : )
 Then, on New Years Day... he'd help me take everything down...and carefully put it away.
He had 'His Way'... of putting things 'back'... and wouldn't let me... Touch the Tree...
 He kept Everything... in a Certain... Order. : )
{Liz is like her Dad, that way. : ) }
I couldn't Bare... thinking... last year...we'd be unpacking the last 'Christmas'... his hands... touched.
Liz... kept pushing me... I'm glad she did.
If she hadn't.... I doubt... I could touch any of it...this year.... maybe... never...again.
It takes quite a while... getting it all put together. 
I'm ready.. to see that 'Tree'... : )
It holds... so many Memories. 
Good ones.
Great... ones.
Love...to ya...
Barb C.
This was the last... 'Tree'... John and I put up.
I had found a License Plate... with John's Birth Year... on it...
It had to go in The Tree. : )
The little Truck... reminded me... of my Dad...  and John.
so... It went in...too. <3
The Old Cello... was so fragile... John fixed it up... so it could hang in The Tree. : )
Liz found me 'The Hatter's Hat'... so, 2013... it went on The Top! 
The Old Horse... Weather Vane Directional... is for the Memory... of Our Beloved...
Horses.
After we'd get The Tree 'Up'...
{Big... Job... oh my. }
 John would find his way... to the Kitchen....
and Pile a Big Plate... Full... of Thanksgiving Leftovers....
then...
find his Recliner. : )
and the T.V. : )
I'd get the Ornaments.... Flyin'! <3
oh my.
This was taken the same year.... : ) Nicky... and Phil... {Kitty} were never far from John.


No comments: