Thursday, September 10, 2015

letter... to myself.


Oh..... my.
Had a Blast from The Past...
this...Morning.
My Niece, Mary Beth...tagged me in a photo... on fb.
When I saw it.... I nearly fell off my stool.
This is the first time.... I've seen this. 
oh my.
: )
This is... a picture of two of my Nieces.... Beth, far left....
Susan.... in the middle....
and me.
holding their Hound. <3 
I have only... a few images...from when I was young. 
This was taken in Millersburg, Iowa... at Sonny and Shirley's.
{my Oldest Brother and Sister in Law... on Dad's side. }
I spent... some of my Favorite 'moments' there. 
: )
There could have been a Million... pictures... like this one.
THIS... was my 'Childhood'.
: )
Friends... 
4 legged ones... along... with the ones... with only... two. : ) 
I think... what I Loved Most... about visiting Sonny and Shirley... and their Kids...
was... I got to be a 'Kid'... too. : )
My early 'Life'... wasn't like... most Children's.
: )
I see that now... : )
I remember.... my Siblings... arguing with my Dad.... when they thought I couldn't hear...
{Siblings...from Both of my Parents... }.
{I was so Angry... with them... for speaking to him...the way they did... 
 especially...doing so... 
somehow... on my behalf. 
oh my... }
I never 'fit' in... with Mom's and Dad's... other Kids. 
{I was an 'only' child... between my Parents. They were divorced... and each had a Son and Two Daughters, from their prior marriages... then, remarried each other...and... had me. 
Mom was 43 and Dad was 50. }
All but one, of my Siblings...{Sister, Merry Jo...Mom's second to her youngest Daughter. }
 were old enough...to be my parents.
{I remember.... growing up... referring to my Siblings... as " My Brothers and Sisters...or....
My Dad's....Kids... or my Moms... Kids...
 I never thought of them.... as 1/2 Brothers and Sisters...  
I remember... the first time... one of them....introduced me...as.... their ' Half Sister'....
I was about.... 10, the age...I was in the above photo.. ...
I was crushed. }
Looking at the above... image.... I broke down...and sobbed... this morning.
Thinking... if... I were to write a 'Letter'.... to that little girl... what it might say.
oh my. 
Looking back, I... understand... now, why my Siblings... were so ruff on Dad.
They were concerned.... that I never would have a 'Childhood'... : )
well... : ) they were right.
I never did. 
I had a lot... to worry about.... and... some pretty big loads....to carry,  when I was young....I suppose.
I, don't ever...remember... not... being 'old'... 'grown up'. : ) 
I never understood... 'Children'.... 
{I began Babysitting other peoples Kids... on weekends... when I was 9. 
The Kids I was watching.... were older than me. : ) {11, 12...13. } 
 hahahaha... oh my. 
Dad taught me how to drive... when I was 7. 
I was driving... all over the Country... when I was 12.
Drove Semi... all over the South... the Summer I turned 16... and actually had a 'License'...
{Not a Chauffeur's License.... just a Driver's License. : ) }
Moved out...on my 'own'... when I was 15.
Worked... and went to school.
{Lord... Knows....I Hated School. .
It Tied Me Down!!!
and... didn't like being around... all of those 'Kids'.... 
that were only concerned with Boys... and Clothes. }
oh my. 
I was, and am...still... the 'Black Sheep'.... : )
I think.... like my Dad, I'll always... be a 'Kid'... in some ways... and an 'Old Soul'... in others.
Nothing... in between. : )
{The 'Makings'... of a 'Mad Hatter' }
If I were writing... a letter... to the little girl... above....
the main thing... I would say....
is a quote... from Mae West.
"I never said... it would be easy.
: )
I just said, It would be Worth It".... 
: )
For the record... I wouldn't change a Thing... about the way... my Folks....  raised me.
I know... They Did... The Very Best... They Could. 
and.... 
They Loved Me... with All...of Their Hearts. <3 <3 <3
{All... of Their... Children. <3 : ) }
: )
That's all... any of us... should expect... from our Folks.
<3 <3 <3  
I'm Blessed, that I learned... how to 'Survive'... 
and was taught... how to Love... People... Critters.... and 'Life'
{Compassion.}
and how to Stand Up..for what's right. 
{or 'wrong'...
{in some's opinion... : )  }
if it's the 'right' thing to do... : )  }
Love, to ya....
Barb C.

{I'd add  'p.s.'... to that little girl's....'letter'....
"Hold On Tight...little girl... : ) 
You're in for a Wild... Ride. : )
but... know...
  You are.... Blessed....: )
 When you Fall.... 
look for those Angels... : )
You'll Never... Walk... alone.
so....
Dance! Dance! Dance! "}

{and... dedicate... the above song... to that... little girl....
I dedicate it... to Every...Little Boy...and Girl.... no matter..... how 'young' or...'old'. <3 }


{There's a part of me... that would like to Grab... that little girl.... and run away... with her. Protect her.... from Everything... Everything... I know...is coming.
 {Like my Siblings.... must have wanted... or felt... would have been... best. }
: )
but...
 thankfully... : ) no one... ever did.
I... wouldn't be... near as strong... today, or... have the 'common sense'....
I rely... so heavily... on, had things been... 'different'. : )
yes...
I... am... Blessed. : ) }






No comments: