Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Summer... down the rabbit hole.


I spent the HOT weekend.... working down the rabbit hole....
oh my...
it's quite a sight.
The last two sales.... took me in other direction....{Tents...Gazebo... Yard... and... several road trips... to gather things, that had to be gathered... THEN. }
 Thankfully Peg...and Liz.... {Katie, too...} did their best... to pull the rabbit hole up....  oh my.
{I nearly... locked the doors... but, I thought people would rather 'dig'.... than be locked out. }
yes....
It's quite a sight.
Indeed.
: )
but... little by little.... I'm gittin' 'er done. : )
The Currier and Ives picture, above.... always reminds me of this time of year.
'Little Daisy'... : )
I Love these Old... {late 1800's {1860's and 70's..} pieces.....for two reasons.....
One... They are all hand colored.
They came out... black and white.... then women, children.... and Folks... who couldn't work on their feet.... {older Folks...or...ones who had physical problems....}
would each have a color.... these would be passed along.....
One person might only paint blue.... another... red.
They are reproduced.... so.... you have to look closely at them....
If you see the paint.... outside the lines.... : ) then you know.... it was hand done. : )
<3
The 2nd.
My Friend, Eudora.... collected these too.
I remember visiting with her... about these. : )
There are MANY... Currier and Ives Paintings and Prints.
Eudora... collected 'The Littles'.... : )
Like... the one above.
They were all Children....
Very... Wonderful. : )
I...sure... Miss... her. <3
I'm working outside... today.
I took the day off... yesterday... didn't do a thing. : )
I...think...working in the heat all weekend... kinda sucked me dry.
oh my... I was wiped out... yesterday.
It's gonna be 'slow and easy'...today.
I'll do what I can do... then... sit under the Old Oak....
for a bit.
It's gonna be another Hot and Steamy one.
Love to ya...
Barb C.




Just brought in this Huge.... Cloche..
My Friend, Jo.... had it in her Home...for Years.
When I bought it from her... she said... "I've always Loved That... didn't think I'd ever get rid of it....."
{She's moving to Kentucky... }
I said... "I Love it too... ! <3 ".....
she said...
"You should... I got it from YOU!!!"
oh my....
my memory... is... Toast... : )
but, thankfully... not my 'taste'... in Good... Things! : )




Love This....
It has a big chip... in it... : )
but... it should. : )
It's a Child's Plate.... from the late 1800's.


This Painting..... is something I found for someone.... many years ago.
She had it in her home for a long time.
Then... a few years ago... she had a sale... and, to my surprise... was selling it.
I Bought it.
Had to... it fascinates me.
: )
This is a painting...done in the late 1800's using an 1850's Ironstone Platter... for the 'canvas'... : )
The platter... is cracked... and repaired.
Then... it was framed.
: )
oh my....
simply... soulful.
I, nearly brought it in the house... to keep... but... decided to offer it for sale... instead.
It's one of those things... like so many... down the rabbit hole... I really don't care... if it ever sells.
: )
{no wonder... why I struggle... : )  hahahahaha. }


It's such a beautiful... painting..... and... being able to see...the old platter.... through the worn areas.... makes it even better.
: )
I so... Love... Vintage... Ironstone.

This is a Majolica Rabbit. : ) {Match Holder... }
Seems I've had many Rabbits.... of every shape and size.... find their way...down the rabbit hole... of late.
: )
This Bunny.... and the Rooster, in second to the top photo... came from a Dear Friend's Collection.
These date from the late 1800's.... and are so.... whimsical...
I have had a Majolica Pitcher... for years... one, of the first pieces... I was Really Excited about....
I bought it at an Estate Sale... for 5.00 : ) {I was in my 20's.... }
Majolica.... is so Over the Top... and has so much going on..... : )
It makes me...smile. : )

I've also... been gathering late 1800's Children's Tea Sets....
Odd pieces... from here and there.
: )
They seem so Happy... when they are all... Piled together. : )







When Peg was here... in May... she set this display...
{one of several... : ) }
: )
 on 'Maggie's' Sofa.
{The Darling Little Sofa, I gave Liz... many years ago...
 it's a Louis the 15th Style...and sooooo sweet!}
One day Liz came home... to find... Maggie, her Beloved Pup...at the time...
had used it for a 'Chew Toy'.... : (
It had been in John's Shop...for the last few years....
We were always going to do something... with it.... : )
We never did... I couldn't bare... to pitch it... so.... now it resides... down the rabbit hole. : ) }
It was completely buried.... after the last two sales.
When I began picking things up....this last week....
I had seen Peg's recent 'Touches'... : )
{I worked everywhere... but... down the rabbit hole....preparing for the May Sale... Peg worked her Magic.... there. }
She'd taken the Nests... and put them in picture frames....
and... put the little Cow Bank... on the little shelf...
then, like Peg....
she...tastefully.... sprinkled everything..... in vintage lace. <3
: )
I had to preserve it.... : )
I called her... and told her... how... Much.... I Miss her. <3 and.. see her... Everywhere...
down the rabbit hole. : )


Just found these Darling... Teeny Tiny.... early 1900's Watch Part Boxes....
They have tiny little vials... inside them... with... even a few remnants....of Tinier... little watch parts... : )

I had...to work with The Elves.
oh my...
They have been so 'Gone Through'.... they looked like they had been in Miami on Spring Break!!!!
I helped 'em back on their feet again..... : )
oh my...
Those Elves... Do... know How to Party....
{Who Knew?... : ) }








1 comment:

cindy nutt said...

I gotta get to the Rabbit Hole soon--i gotta see that plate "Tom the Piper's Son" I love it~~
And the Rabbit Hole never looks bad to those of us that love it--It looks exactly like it should--well lived in---all those memories come from different parts of life so of course they wouldn't look organized--why should they?