Friday, June 12, 2015

Flash... Flood.


 At about... 8:30... last night... they were calling for 'Flash Floods'...
I threw a lawn and leaf... garbage bag on....put my phone.... in a zip lock... baggie... 
 stuffed it in my pocket....
then... headed to the Pasture.
I sat in the Ford..... watching Scout... graze... as the rain... was pouring Buckets.....
He didn't care.
: )
The Lighting.... was Flashing... and ground... trembled... under us.
I kept watching the pasture....in the dark.... with every Lightning Strike.....
The wipers... on the Ford.... Beating a Hundred Miles... an hour....
 until...
at about 10:00.....
when I saw a glassy patch.... on the east end of the pasture.... 
that wasn't there... at the last... 'Strike'...
I grabbed the lead rope... waiting.... and dry.... next to me....
and we both... in a matter of moments... were soaking... wet. 
I walked to the gate.... yelled for Scout....
with a Happy Whinny.... his Big Hooves... came Thundering towards me. : )
Scout and I.... stood in the hard rain.... for about 4 hours...... on higher ground...
then.... the rain quit.... and we stood another 4... waiting for Dawn.... to see where the fence was down.
The flood covered about half of the pasture.... for about two hours.... then, receded pretty fast.
Scout... was unsettled... by the Roar... near the Bridge.... for hours.
It sounded like a Huge... Waterfall.....
It dawned on me.... as the water was going down... what I might find, in the house..... when I finally.... could find my bed... {Lord... I was tired... {Cold... and Soaked... }
I remembered.... a year ago..... when, for the first time ever.... water had run up... through our 'gray water line' in the basement.... and flooded it... with Muck.
oh my....
as tired as I was.... when Justin got the fence straightened up...
I...almost... didn't want to walk inside the house.
oh my.
When I opened the basement door....
Praise God!!!!
the floor... was dry.
: )
oh my....
My Gift... Blessing... of the Day!
Love to ya...
Barb C.
{Peg and I.... were going to spend the day together.... today.
She called as I was sitting in the truck.... watching the pasture....
We both knew.... dare I say it.......
"I Might... need a 'Rain Check'... : ) "
oh my. 
{My next project....
 {after the next two.... : ) }
is...
Building an Ark. }



No comments: