Monday, March 30, 2015

Sunday... at The Auction....

It was quite a day....
I was up...and rollin'... by 4:30.... a.m. 
oh my....
It was raining... there was ice... here and there....
Then... The Wind....
oh my.
I don't remember the last time... I had a wind burn.
The wind... was relentless.....
most of the day. 
I gathered everything.... from.... an Old....Model T Tailgate...
to...
Fresh Duck Eggs.
: )
It was a pretty tuff Auction,,,,
seems... many Folks...have learned to appreciate... 
worn... and well loved... pieces...too.
: )
I found myself... sitting on my hands... often.
: )
Yet... some Treasures... slipped past... the others. : )
The Ford...and I.... came home... with a Heavy... load.
I bought a Big... Old Galvanized Farm Cart....
that... Thankfully... as I was struggling with it...to get it on the bed...of the Ford....
a Kind... Young Man.... offered a Hand....with. : )
{Angel! } 
It is Sooooo Cool. : )
I..had a Lovely... time... at the Auction... I go...every year.
The People... are... so down to earth.... 
Refreshing. 
Ran into...some Friends...there...too.... : ) it was Good... to see them... : )
The Duck Eggs... are Amazing. 
Had a couple... for Breakfast... this Morning....
They are so rich.... 
One... is Plenty. 
: )
{Hadn't eaten a Duck Egg... since I was a little girl... 
They taste the same, as Chicken Eggs... to me...except.... they are Bigger... and Richer... }
I bought 4 dozen... thought they'd be Great... for Easter. 
They keep... better... than Chicken Eggs..... they have a thicker shell. }
I found a Wonderful...Old...Old... Kraut Cutter.... with a Heart.... cut out.
It was a Market.... where the Auction was.... I bought several... wonderful 'Smalls'...there....
Had they been on the Auction... I wouldn't have been able to bring them home...
Things...were selling... High. 
I'm so Thankful... for what we have...piled in the Barn...and Sheds. 
oh my...
If I had to buy for the shop... at Auction.... well... I...couldn't do it.  
Thankfully.... the rabbit hole... will be.... Full... at Opening.
now...
if I can just... get it all... pulled together.
: )
oh my.
Love to ya...
Barb C.


This is sooooo cool.
The image... is not.
This is the Model T Ford Truck Tailgate.....
LOVE IT!!!
I Stepped Up...for it....
had to.
had....to. : )


I was so Happy... this little Vintage Sand Box....Toy Truck.... slipped through... the Auction....
They are getting so hard to buy.
it was a Heavy... Load.
LOVE this Iron Bowl.... and Lid... from Cedar Rapids!
One cam Never have... too many Pig Feeder Pans!!!!
{Got a few Chicken Feeders...as well... : ) }
This...is a Keeper.
Dad was Born and Raised... in Derby, Iowa.
so...
Anything that says 'Derby'... finds it's way.... to the House! 
Love this.... Small... Kraut Cutter....
It Has a Heart!!!
I'd Love to Keep it...
but... it will find it's way.... to the rabbit hole.
{I'm keeping the Derby Box. I can't have... everything. : ) }
Best Buy... of the Day!
The Duck Egg... is on the Left.
They are larger... and more Oval...
The Shells... are much thicker....too.
When I cooked two...this morning.... they reminded me... of Chicken Eggs... on Steroids!
To me... they taste the same... but... the whites... are much more stable... and the yolks... are Much... Richer....
I saw them being used, on a PBS Program... a while back...
Seems Duck Eggs... are Truly... the Incredible... Egg!
This Farm Cart...would be Wonderful... to change out... Seasonally...
I can see it... Filled with Flowers!!! {or... Pumpkins!}
This is a 'Parts Washer'... I'm going to give it a Good Cleaning.
It would be Great.... at a Wedding...or...Event... with Ice in it.... and drinks... or..even Food....
It's Cool!
I used this old Mail Box...for a Stool... at the Auction... to sit on...
{it was a LONG Day.... }
Carried it with...everywhere I went... in the afternoon....
: )
The Crazy Auctioneers... kept trying to Sell it... out from under me...
: )
oh my....
Auctioneers... are...a Very...Special... Breed.
{love 'em... : ) }

No comments: