Friday, March 20, 2015

A day... down the rabbit hole.

It's amazing... what an old Truck... can haul. : )
This one... was carrying a pair of Angel Wings. : )
My friend, Amy.... had left them for me.... the other night. : )
She...is an Angel. <3
I worked in the shop...yesterday.... I'm taring it apart.... and.... at the same time... putting it back...together. 
Liz and Scarlett came out... and helped get another cd player going. 
Oh my.... I have had trouble with them....
I...can't STAND.... not having the 'perfect' music playing there. 
It drives me Crazy! 
Once again... The Fountains are going.... and Alison Krauss... is the Voice... of the rabbit hole.
I really should be selling her cd's there. 
I have sold many...for her...over the years.  {well... the rabbit hole..has. : ) }
Yes.... all...was right with the world.... once the music... was playing. <3
I found some really...wonderful old things....as I was diggin' around.
Several..... neat....books.
One was dated 1817.
The woman who owned it.... signed it in 1821.
oh my....
Thomas Jefferson....was walking the earth... when 'Emma'...signed her book. : )
I get into trouble.... down the rabbit hole. 
I start looking at things... daydream... and reminisce... too much.
Peg used to yell at me... all of the time... : )
Liz, too... Liz calls my 'day dreaming'... or... getting off track.... messing around... too much....
'Shenanigans!'
hahahaha...
must be an Irish thing. 
somehow... the job...always gets done...tho. : )
Sometimes... in a very... round about...manner. : )
When I came up...to the House... I'd had enough...
it.... was pretty chaotic....in the shop...
{thank God... the music... is goin'... oh my. : ) }
I brought the laptop to the Old Harvest Table.... sat down....
and began playing music.... while I worked.
John's Favorite Cat.... Phil.... climbed up on the chair beside me....
and, from under the table... he started batting my hand.....
then... he kissed it... over and over.
He doesn't do this often....
seems.... only when....I need him... the most.
: )
What a Gift.... God gave us.... with Animals.
They Truly...are.. Angels. 
It was a year ago...today... Mom passed away.
I sure miss her.
but...
I know...she's in a better place....and... with Dad.
He Loved her... so. <3
She... Loved him... too.
I miss them... both. <3
I posted a tune... that reminds me of them... every time I think of it.
I... remember Dad... humming it... on so many of our 'Junkin' expeditions .... when I was a little girl.
When he hummed it.... I knew... he was thinking of her. : )
They divorced when I was 5... but... neither found another.
I...don't remember... them ever looking... at another.
They lived together off and on... until Dad passed away.
They... were 'Soul Mates'... <3
I'm thankful... Dad passed away, before Mom. 
She had health problems... and Dad... worried so... about her.
Couldn't bare the thought...of losing her. 
I remember him...sobbing....'inconsolable'  after she'd had a seizure.....
he....couldn't stand.... to see her hurting... or suffering.
It broke his heart.
I felt Dad... around us... on one of Mom's last Hospital stays.
I... saw his form... standing behind her....just...for a moment.
Several weeks later....when she was back on her feet....I shared that... with Mom. : )
It made her Happy.... knowing.... he was watching over.... her.
The day.... she was taken into intensive care....I went to her side....
I placed my hand... on her shoulder......
So many times... she had fought... her way back.... from such.... difficult... battles.
but...
this time... was different.
As my hand... caressed her shoulder.... I.... swear to you.... I felt Dad's hand....
slip...into mine. I could almost.... see it. 
I...knew.... Mom...was going Home.... 
she did... two days later.
She and I sang songs...laughed and visited... about Good Times.....
nearly... until... she went Home. 
: )
Love to ya...
Barb C.





The Victorian Buggy... is going to be Fun... for Spring!
I'm going to try and get a better image of this.
It's really... neat,
Found all sorts of... 'Littles'....
Philly...
John's other cats... couldn't care less about me. But... then... there's Phil.
God Bless... this... Guy. <3

No comments: