Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Spring Fever.....


As I walked down Memory Lane... last night....
My mind... took me back... 
to...a Beautiful... Spring...Day.
I was 15... 
I'd went to School... that morning....
but, when I stepped outside... for Lunch...
oh my. : )
There was no way... I could walk back, inside that Building.
It was the First... Really...Warm... day.
The Sun... was shining... The Air... was sooooo....Clean and Crisp.
: ) 
I bailed in The Ford....
and headed to The Horses.
: )
I had... about 15 head of Horses... at that time.
I used to buy... Horses, Ponies and Mules... that would have went to 'kill'....
Spent time... with them... worked with them...{Loved Them....}  until, they were 'Kid Broke'... 
a child... could crawl under them.... and they'd not move.
Critters... are so... Amazing... if, you simply... give them a chance.
: )
Then... they would find, Loving Homes.
: )
Admiral... {above} I bought... when I was 12.
He, was 4 months old.
He was a Thoroughbred...
Tall...and Lanky.
When I brought him home.... I laughed....
His front legs...were so Long... he'd have to spread them apart....so his neck... 
and head...would reach the ground... to graze.
: )
Admiral came from Champion Breeding.
His 'lines'... go back... to Man 'O War....
a Kentucky Derby Winner.
and... War Admiral....
also... a Derby Winner.
: )
I bought... this Amazing Colt... for 50.00.
The Best... 50.00... I have ever spent, in my life.
When the Above image was taken....
Admiral was a Three Year Old.
I, had Loved... and nurtured.... this Colt.
I, trained him... myself.
He was so...Smart.
and... had such a Heart...
<3
When I pulled in... at the pasture... that Spring... day....
I decided to take Admiral.... for a ride.
I...had been working with him... but... he was Green.
{not... kid...broke.}
I...had just lost... my Beloved Mare...White Cloud....
She and I... Traveled The World... together.
She was struck by lightning... the Spring, before....
Admiral... was to be... my 'Rider'.... 
We... had many conversations... that year.
He Reared so High... one time... 
I slid... off his rump.
He... was a Spirited... Young Man... 
and... kept that 'Spirit'... 'til the day... he died.
I didn't have any equipment with me.... that Beautiful... Spring day....
just... an old rope.
: )
I threw it over his head.....
kicked off my shoes...
and swung up...
on the back... of the Tall... Lanky... 16 hands... of my...
Beloved...
Thoroughbred.
: )
We found our way... to the River.
with..Minnie... {the Neighbor's Beloved Hound... always... at our side... : ) }
The years... have come...and gone.
Admiral, passed away....several years ago.
He... passed away... here, at Home.
He is buried, here.
He lived to be... 28.
: )
Though, many won't understand this.
Admiral... Never... saw a Sale Barn.
I am Proud.... of That.
I...have seen... way too many.
It took.... all I could do... over the years.... to Ensure This.
: ) 
John and my Dad...
had Huge...Hands... in this, as well.
Admiral... had a Winning Heart.
I...rode him... as a Country Girl...
Bareback.... with a rope... for a Bridle....
We 'Raced'... many... 
{big time... many. : ) }
We... were Never... Out Run....
Ever.
<3
Yeah....
I know... I'll see.. The 'Old Man'...my 'Admiral'....
 again, in Heaven.
I'll kick my shoes... off....
Swing Up...
we'll take a ride. <3
What a Gift... 
Blessing... 
that will...be. : )
Love, to ya...
Barb C.










No comments: