Monday, February 23, 2015

Down... the Rabbit Hole.

Polly and I.... found our way, down the rabbit hole.... 
today.
: )
We began putting the carnage... back... together.
: )
in...about a 10x10 area.
I...ran across... some...pretty....wonderful....
old... treasures.
: )
The Burlap... Bag... 'Rocket Brand'.... is fun.
I...put out.... some of the Amana...Books...
Brought in... some... interesting....pieces....as well.
 Some things... I... truly don't remember... 
: )
It was like.... 'Christmas'! 
I...wrote a long..... post... last night, then....
decided.... to crawl out of bed....
 and remove it.
It was.... 11:11....when I opened the lap top.
It was the right thing.... to do.
As Polly and I... found our way back to bed....
I...said....to her....
"too.....sad".
it was.
If.... I ever write a book....
I'll share it.... then.
There is enough sadness... these days....
without finding it... here.
Love...to ya...
Barb C.
{As I worked...
'Played'...
 down the rabbit hole.....
today...
the above tune... rang in my ears..... 
: )
As...I found my way... through.....
it...was kind of like... 
a Waltz.
A Waltz....
 that....seems.... only I.... can enjoy...
 down the rabbit hole.
Others....tend...to get so.... overwhelmed....
 : )
when.... it's turned..... upside.....down....
and...
inside...out.
to me...
It's a Dance. : ) 
a....
Beautiful....
Dance. }

Vintage Amana Books.....
found a 'resting place'....
: )


Found these.... Gnarled out.... spinner gourds..... that had been hidden....
by... a little... Mouse.
: )
I...need to send them...to Peg.
: )
She'd get a Chuckle... out of them....
{oh...dear... <3 }
{ Her Mad March Hare.... Eyes...
would...
Roll! : ) }

Found.... several.... unusual....old feed sacks. : )

Somehow... when I loaded today's images....
this one....
popped up.
: )
This... always...makes me smile. : )
New Orleans....
memories.
Trimmed up.... several Amana Rug... fragments.
Love 'em....
This... is a Wonderful.... Piece.... of Iowa... History.
: )
It's an Early... 'Milking Stool'....
hand made....
with an old 'Tug Strap'...fragment... from a Work Horse Harness....
 fashioned for its 'hanger'.
: )
Farmers... liked to hang their Milking Stools... in the Barn.
It makes a Sweet Shelf.... for the Amana Rug... fragments. 
Also... ran across.... several Amana Textiles.
They would sew their initials... in the corners.... as they sent their Laundry out....
{Communal Wash Houses]
This one... is Early....
all hand hemmed. 
I don't know... if this.... is Amana.
It's pretty Fancy.... yet.... measures the same, as the Amana Covers.
about 6 feet square.
and...was tucked away...
with all...of the Amana Textiles. 

Ran across.... several Beautiful... Monogrammed... Runners....
while sorting.... today.
I rolled them up.... and tied them, with Vintage Ticking....
: )

1 comment:

cindy said...

Loved the history lesson about the initials on towels because of communal kitchens--guess I just figured they'd turn in 8 and get back 8 and might not be theres. But what I thought was out of this world adorable is the book shelf and the milking stool--your displays as always are so artistic! Thanks for sharing!