Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year....

My New Years Eve...
Date.
: )
Peg sent these old.... toys home... with me, a couple of weeks ago....
Miss. Scarlett saw them on the table.....
and was...All....Over 'em!
yep....
there is....something... about those....
'old...toys'.
timeless. 
<3 <3 <3 
As Scarlett and I...were 'Touring'... the upstairs......
{I...hardly ever... go there. }
I picked her up.... and threw her.... on the Old Rope Bed.... in Justin's room. : )
It's a Very....Tall Bed...... and has a Thick Down Feather Tick... on top.
It's what I...would image a Cloud.... to be like....
I think... it caught her 'off guard'.... the first time!
Then...all I heard......
"Again...Gramma!!!!"
a dozen times....
more.
: ) 
It was soooooo Funny.... when Scarlett....realized there was a Cello.... sitting in a chair.... in her Mom's bedroom.
oh my...
She made a Bee Line.... to it.
and.... carefully.... strummed the strings...
 I explained to her.... it was pretty fragile.... Grandpa John had put the strings on it.... a couple of years ago...
mostly...for show....
he.... also.... did some major repairs, on it.....
 I, just wanted to hold together, for The Tree.... it's just an 'ornament'.... but.... Miss. Scarlett.... sure Loved it! 
I stood back... and just watched Miss. Scarlett... make 'friends'.... with all of the little old... 'critters'... : )
oh my...
a couple of gnarly.... little deer.... a few... old, pottery bird vases.... and a marble.
: )
She... had quite a 'visit'... with them.....
: )
New Friends. : )
The little ones.... have free rein.... in the house.
Everything... is 'old'.... here, and....I suppose, some people... wouldn't want little hands..... 'playing' with these things...
if..they were theirs.
oh my....
: )
If the 'little' hands....show interest....
then.... I feel obligated to 'introduce'.... them....to one another.
: )
Little hands.... are such wonderful things.
They, are far more gentle.... than big ones....
We would never have anything.... in the house... our Kids... couldn't touch.
{what a disappointing place to visit....}
When the little ones...play... with the old treasures....
I tell them, all about them.....
Where they were made.... who...might have played with them... or used them....
Scarlett.... spied the old Bear.... ride on toy... in her Mom's room.....
He is... patched and worn.... has a Hundred Years.... of... 'journey'......
I pulled him down..... and let her sit on him.... and ride him around....
: )
I...don't think.... I've ever seen the Old Bear.... happier.
: )
Children .... are so good.
I have seen it... in the rabbit hole.... forever.
{It's the big people...like me.... who wind up breaking something. <3 }
Kids.... are Great.... you just have to talk to them...one on one.... and, let them.... be.
Hope you all... had a Happy New Years Eve....
and... Enjoy... a Wonderful....
New...
Year.
May God Bless You....and Yours...
Everyone.
: )
Love, to you....
Barb C.
{I.... along with Millions of others..... play 'Auld Lang Syne...' on New Years Eve.... and Day.....
I...have, for as long as I can remember.
The last.... many... many years... when I play it.....
I.... laugh..... a little... under my breath...
because...
I Always Think of the Movie Clip....
from When Harry met Sally....
oh.... my.
oh...
my. }


No comments: