Tuesday, November 25, 2014

The Old... Souls...


When I'm down...to my last match...
I light the stove with it...
: )






One year ago... today.

true... true...true.





two years ago...











yes...
the rabbit hole... waits.
: )
{I'll be back down there... soon... very... soon.
I... think... I'm gonna give it a Squeeze...  and... gift it....
with.... A Christmas Open House...
mid December...
stay tuned. : ) }

I saw a post... a little while ago... on fb, that my Friend, Wanda... had posted. 
: )
She put an image on...of a little... old... wall box... that is so wonderful.
It happily sat... inside the Old Drysink Cupboard.... then... hung...on the side... of the Old Cupboard, that came from Dad's... 1850's Summer Kitchen.... : ) : ) : ) 
She bought it from me... last year, when I sold things...out of the house. 
It was so difficult... letting things go.... 
{yes... everything I let go of... has claw marks. : )
especially...when they come from the house. : ) }
but... times were tuff... and, sometimes...you gotta do... what you...gotta do. 
You can either... quit... and lose... or keep forging ahead.
Seems...the Fire...in the old Forge... has had to stay pretty hot... these last couple of years.
{I know... two different meanings.... <3 }
As much... as I love... these old souls... God Bless Them.... they have carried us... through many trials.
I...am forever Grateful... to them, for that.
{makes me...Love them... all the more. }
It doesn't stop, with their sacrifice.... at the point of 'sale'....
The people, I have met, through them... like Wanda, and so many...many others... well....
that makes them... Priceless... to me. : )
The images I posted... were taken over the last three years....
I could have kept going...and going....
many... soulful.... memories.
oh...my. : )
Miss. Scarlett and I...went to Marlene's Memorial... this morning....
I, really haven't been out... for days.
I've a touch... of something... and just stayed hunkered down.
I dropped the key off... last night, with Jon and Heather... {and Little William... : ) }
 from the Estate Sale... in Amana. Their Amana house... sold... : )
Miss. Scarlett, and William, are Good Friends.... so we wanted to let them play together, one last time. 
{They live near the Twin Cities.... who knows... when we'll meet again. }
They invited us, out for Supper, it was Lovely....
: )
Kathy, the Historian, from Amana, joined us... : )
yes... these old souls... have placed many wonderful Folk... in our lives.
Like... Marlene.
I visited with her Family... briefly... this morning.
Told them... how Blessed, we all were... to have known her.
She...was a Gift. : )
and... will be...Missed.... <3
I picked up...groceries... for Thanksgiving... on our way home....
Liz met me...at the store....and, Scarlett and I... parted ways.
As I was driving.... I got to thinkin'.... how everyone, thinks...I am so strong.
: )
{oh dear.... : ) }
It made me think of 'Cassius Clay'.... {Mohammad Ali }
Dad's All Time... Favorite Boxer.
Dad and I watched... Every Ali Fight.... that was televised....
Ali would take..such beatings...in the ring...
He was famous... for something called the 'rope -a- dope'.....
Ali, would lay back... on the ropes.... and let his opponent beat on him.... and beat on him....
until... his opponent was worn out.
I couldn't understand... how Ali... could absorb... all of the beatings... then...go on... to win.
until... now. : )
I know... folks are concerned... about me.
Please... just keep me in your Prayers...
 {Like I did...when I was a little girl...sitting next to Dad... watching every fight... for Ali... : ) }
Yes.... I am... up against the ropes...
Yes... I am taking some mighty tuff... blows....
don't confuse laying on the ropes.... as a sign of weakness. 
: )
but... like a Boxer... even Ali... could only fight one match...at a time.
One round... at a time.
I visited with Peg...the other day... she's fighting her...own 'Foreman'... as I fight mine.
I said... "Ya know... I don't remember... much of anything... about the Sale...in June. 
{I was there...nearly a month... } 
Just... 'moments'... of it. "....
She said... "Barb... you were Toast...."
The thing is....
no matter what comes down the line....
I may be 'toast'.... but... like any Boxer... worth his salt....
when he steps in the ring....
you'd never know it.
So... if you don't hear from me... and... when you see me... I look a little ruff....
don't worry...
I'm just layin' on the ropes.... absorbing the blows.....
Ali said...

"Inside of the ring...or out...
ain't nothing wrong... with going down.
It's staying down... that is wrong. "

I love this quote, too....

"Life is like a Boxing Match...
Defeat is not Declared when you Fall....
but when you refuse to Stand... again. "
: )
I'm still... Standin'. <3
{a little dazed... at times....
but...
Still... Standin'. 
Keep those Wings... Poundin'! }
: )
Love....to ya...
Barb C.





No comments: