Friday, October 24, 2014

yeah.... This Is How...We Roll. : ) simply... iowa. : )

The Ford and I were up...and runnin' at 4:30 this Morn....
Drove through...Blinding Fog....
to get to an Auction....
Early...Early...Early..
oh my....
We... got a Load... : )
a...Most...Wonderful...Load...
{some... will be at The Midwest Show... this Sunday....
some... will be... at The Rabbit Hole.. : ) }
Cool.... Stuff....
: )
I was soooo... Proud... of all of the Folks... just like... me....
who Loaded...
Racked...
and Stacked....
at This...Amazing Auction.
{It made me feel... so good.... that I'm not the only... Insane... person...
 when it comes to...
 The Love... of Old. : ) }
The Auctioneers.... were Awesome....
The other Bidders... were Awesome...
{so....Friendly... : ) }
There was an older Gent, loading his mini van, next to the Ford and I.... : )
after the Auction.
He said... to me, as he was cramming a Dozen old chairs, into his van....
"Ya know, my Wife says I'm 'Crazy'...." : )
I leaned into his window, and whispered....
"She's right, you know. : )
But, then... all of The Best People Are! <3 : ) : ) : ) "
{Special Thanks... to Cheryl... : )... The Brockmeyers...  The Kind....Wisconsin Fellow... : ) 
{and... Don.... : ) }
This... was quite a day. : ) 
{again...}
Thanks...So Much... to The Brockmeyers...
who Helped Load... The Ford.... tonight. 
{it was a bit... of a 'Trick...' : ) }
oh my...
{after they had loaded their Trucks.... <3 }
and...
it was so... Wonderful... visiting with Verle.... : ) {The Owner...}
He worked with my Sister, Chery... in the 60's.... 
She sold... much... to Verle... over the years... : )
Chery refinished... Dozens of Round Oak Tables... and Chairs... for Verle....
This is a Closing Out Sale....
for Banowetz Antiques....
Their Auction runs... 2... more... days.
I Thought our Davenport Sale....
was The Sale... of the Century...
oh my...
This One...
will...
Drop ya.
oh.... my. : )
Love to ya...
and... Hope to See Ya...
at The Rabbit Hole...
this weekend...
and...
The Midwest Show!
Barb C.


The Brockmeyer Family....
Love Them. : )

There were over 1500 chairs... at this Auction.....
The Ford and I.... came home.... with none.
That's O.K.
{I didn't even look at them....}
I Knew... we'd need the room for 'other'...
'Treasures'...
: )
There were.... Hundreds.... of Round Oak Table Tops.....
and Bases....
oh my.

The Twins.
: )
I bought these Amazing..... Early... Iron... Corn Choppers!!!
LOVE THEM!!!!
They Spin!
They Twirl...!
They Have Gears!!!
FARM! FARM! FARM!
IRON! IRON! IRON!!!!
yeah....
it doesn't get better... than this. : )
{and... they are Heavy... : )
Gotta Love 'em!!! }
except....
when it comes to Gnarly....
Vintage...
Heavily Tufted...
Mid...
1800's...
SOULFULNESS!!!!
Yes...
These Beauties...
and...
The Corn Choppers...
are on the Ford...
along with So Much...
More...
Vintage... Gnarliness....
: )
Insane...
: )
Totally...
Insane.
yes...
tonight....
I am..
Junk...
Drunk.
: )

No comments: