Monday, October 27, 2014

The Midwest Booth. Empire and Victorian.... Love.

Well....
All...is Well. : )
The Midwest and Collector's Eye Shows...were Beautiful....
as Always!
It was so Great...seeing everyone. : )
The Kids helped...haul.... and set the walls....
Bless Their Hearts!!!
Even Miss. Scarlett... helped...during set up.... 
Paula and Cathy... {Promoter's}... befriended Miss. Scarlett.... and they strolled through the Show.... and had Much Fun...together. <3 <3 <3 for hours... : ) }
I worked... and got the Fall Booth... pulled together.
: )
It...turned out pretty good. : )
I...wish...I had taken more smalls....
but...
did the best I could. : )
There is simply... not enough time... in a day.
: )
It was a hit...with Folks... and they seemed to like it. : )
That was good. : ) 
I was told over and over.... I should create Theater Stages. : ) 
yes... that would be Fun. : )
So many of these pieces... are Perfect.... for Theater... or, Photography....
Perfect.
I Loved... Everything in the booth.... it was Fun...to play with the Old Gnarliness!
I especially Love... the 1830's Settee...{fragment} that is on the table, in the background.
It was in a pile... when I bought it..on Friday.
{stood next to it... for an hour... at the auction..so I wouldn't miss it! : ) }
All of the parts, they had saved...were tied to it.
I was going to throw them away... or use what was decorative, for something else.
I Just LOVED The Massive...Hand Carved.... Hairy Paw Feet!!!

This... makes my knees weak. : )
oh my...
The Early Empire Furniture... along with the Mid 1800's Victorian Furniture.... is so... dismissed.
Good for us.... : )
We have furnished much of our Home... with it... <3 <3 <3 { for a pittance... }
To have this piece made, today.... IF you could find a Craftsman  with enough knowledge to create it....
{or the other Beautiful Settee... and chairs...} would cost ... maybe...Thousands.
{and.. it would be... new. You can't recreate 'Soulfulness'...for any amount of money.}
That's all about the 'Journey'....
: )
These One of a Kind... pieces... are priced for a few hundred dollars.
a few... tanks of gas.....
a couple of trips...to the grocery store.
a fraction.... of a mass produced .... 'something'... anyone can get... new, then...found at a garage sale... in a year...
{if... it should last long enough... to make it to a 'garage sale'... : ) oh my. : ) }
I Scratch My Head.... why folks buy.... what they do.... : )
{and pay....so Much...money for it. : ) }
oh well... : )
of course....
there are those... who will scratch their heads.... at what we have.
That's what makes the World go Round!
{and they... are who I Love...to Buy From..... Bless Their Hearts! <3 }

I thought,.. if I just put a top...of some sort... on the base with the legs... it would make a Great Coffee Table!
They sold Marble... at the auction, Friday.....too.
I bought the biggest piece.... and   it fit pretty well.... : )
Then... when we were cleaning it up... Saturday Morning....
Liz and I noticed.... there were nearly enough pieces, to put the arms on....
We scrounged... and found some wood... and a couple barn hinges....
then... we put it back together... again. : )
{no glue.... in case someone... someday.... should want to restore this.
 It's very possible.... to be put back... }
It Is....SWEET!
The cool thing, was.... 
It was 'Noticed'... and 'Admired', by the Hard Core... Antique People....
that Really....Really... Know Their Stuff!!!
 It's Bones... and carvings were so... amazing...and Early... 
{1810-1830}
and... it is such an unusual size.
 Small.... : )
Yet... there were those... who had no idea, of it's 'History'... and were drawn to it.... and Loved it....as well... : )
Yet... it came home. 
: )
It's on the Ford.... and... until the next show... I'm putting it in the house, so I can Love It... for awhile. 
: )
and be Graced.... by It's...
'Presence'... 
: ) : ) : ) 
Thanks to Everyone...who came...and Supported us...at The Midwest Show. : )
Thanks to the Great Promoters... : ) and Neighbors...who are always... so much Fun. : )
and...  put up with the Straw...strewn....all about!. : )
Love to ya...
Barb C.









No comments: