Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Unconditional... Love.

I have been struggling...so......
as most of you, who visit the 'Simply Iowa' page....
already...know.
Struggling... on so many levels....
I...have been Blessed... by your Love... and Prayers...
throughout...these difficult... and trying times....
Through Prayer... I have been sheltered....
Through gifts.... from Friends... and Family....
and The Lord... sending his Blessings....
and...
 work....
we have been sustained....
Tho... there are many mountains....to be climbed, still....
I know... I will conquer them.
I have struggled.... with which way to turn... which way to go.... for a Long....Long.... Time.
This morning... one piece of the puzzle.... 'fit' into place.
While I watched the above message.... from Joel...I was struck.... : )
{along with John 13:34-35 }
It made me reflect...upon my life...
I have been so very Blessed....
I was taught...from the time, I can first remember... the message of
'Unconditional Love'.....
oh my....
: )
My Father.... taught me that... by Example.
He worked so hard.... was always greasy... and dirty....
His boots... were always worn....many times... were second hand... his clothes... had burn holes.... from the cutting torch....sparks...
and... many times... had little money...
Yet... I saw how much, he was Loved... and accepted.... by Everyone.
Just as he... also... Loved and accepted... everyone, just as they are...
including... me. : )
John... was the...same way. : )
They had Friends... from Every Walk...of Life.
With so much... uncertainty... swirling around my head..... now....
mixed... with such... overwhelming...Loss.....
I... find it difficult... to decide which road to take...
and... have put it in God's hands....
When I saw this message, this morning....
things became much clearer.
Seems at every turn.... there have been Angels....
The Estate Sale, I did last year.... was Full... of Angels....
and Hearts... {Dad's and Mine.... little winks... : ) }
The Sale... I'm working on...now....
oh my...
I have Never seen so many Angels....
{It was an Angel, that sat outside, this home.... that took me to this door... two years ago... and introduced me, to Wally... {who's Sale...I am doing now....}
We visited... only for a moment... when Peg and I stopped... as we saw him working outside....
I asked if he'd be interested in selling his Angel....... He smiled... and said...
 'No... I like having Angels around me." I said... " : ) Me too... "
Peg asked if we could gather some pinecones... he was happy to allow us......
: )
Wally.... reminded me... on the outside.... a little of my Dad.....
I have heard from some folks.... they thought he was 'different'....and didn't have much to do with him.... I had a few folks...say the same...about Jackie..... the Beautiful... Spirit... I conducted the Sale for...last year....
oh my.....
Tho... I never knew her.... I got to know her.... through her Home...
She... was Beautiful... in Every Way.
God....
and
The Love...of Old.... brought these people.... into my life....
The Rabbit Hole... has Blessed me.... with so many.... that have found their way... to it....
and...to me...
From...Russian Ballet Dancers..... {in the Dead of Winter... many years ago... at 9:00 at night... when I happened to be working..... there...and they saw a light...what an...Interesting.... experience... that was...for all of us... that night.}
The Folks...from Iran.... just after 9/11.... when I thought... all Muslims... should leave our Country....
The next day... after making that statement... they walked in.....
I invited them...to our Home.... where we sat... and visited for Hours....
My mind... and Heart... was forever changed.....
Then... during a Sale... several years ago....
The Shop...was packed....
cars were lined up.... everywhere.....
I was running through.... stopped... face to face... with two young men....
heavily tattooed... and pierced..... {not typical... folks.... in the rabbit hole.... }
I welcomed them... with a Smile... {thinking they must be lost! } and asked them...if I could help....
They said... "No...we just saw all the cars...and wondered what was going on!"... : )
I said.... "An Antique Sale! That's What's Goin' On!!! Have Fun!"... and kept running....
When I met up with them... a bit later....
one had... a Beautiful... framed print... of Christ in his hands....
He asked me... How much.....
I looked in his eyes.... and said...
"I want you... to have that.... as a Gift.... : ) "
Without a blink.... our eyes.... locked on each others....
he opened his shirt....
to reveal...
the Exact... same Image.... on his chest.
oh my...
He had never seen this exact portrait... before....
both of our eyes... welled up...
I... could go on.... and on.... with similar stories....
When I say... The Rabbit Hole... is my Sanctuary...
I...mean it.
I'm not sure... exactly... how... I'm going to earn my living....
but... I know one thing....
The Rabbit Hole.... is going to take...
'The Lead'.
It Has To.
I'll Trust... what ever happens.... happens....
I....know... it's all Good.
I'm going to have it Open... More...
and Make It...Sing.....
like it has always... made me....
: )
and... many others....
Then....... let the Lord... guide me....
on whatever... direction... I need to go.
Love...You....
and Thank You...
Each and Every One... of You...
for...
Everything.
When I get The Rabbit Hole... and Myself....
on our Feet....
I'll be having a Grand....Re Opening....
: )
Barb C.











1 comment:

cindy said...

I somehow missed this entry until today--and when I went to comment I read summersundays'comment and there was nothing more I could say....it's all been said by summersunday--Beautiful!