Monday, May 19, 2014

The Trio... Old Cupboards....Old Clocks... and a Good....Long....Sunny Day! : )

I begged John... yesterday...to come outside....
Take in some Sun...
{He calls my 'insistence'...
'The Cattle Prod' : ) : ) : )
He walked all the way...to Jethro....
with Nicky... next to him...every step of it...
Nicky never takes his eyes off John... : )
When I posted this image on fb...
I called them...
The Trio...
: ) : ) : )
He reminds me...of a Turtle... Basking in the Warmth... Warming his Shell...on a Log.....

Moved Mountains... yesterday....
Work Benches... Fencing.... put up a fence around where our lawn is torn up... from the back hoe... when the lines froze, in February... oh my.....
It's right where one of the tents,  usually.....sits... but... I'll just change things around a little... for this sale....
I worked until about 9 last night....
got a lot done.... : )
The old sleigh... was up high on a table... in the gazebo... I even got that down...and pulled to 'front and center'... : )
Picked up some plants... got them all planted....
carried brush...and swept up mountains of leaves..... cleaned...cleaned...cleaned....
yes... got a lot...done.
It felt so good... working outside... it was a long...hard day.... I suppose....
but... I Love the way things are coming together... : )
I worked alone.... and...truly...enjoyed it......
Had some nice Folks... pop in...and say 'Howdy'....
it was...all good.... <3
When I unloaded the old cupboard...that just came in.....
I had to capture an image...of it's back... : )
I...Love it... when old pieces...have things like this... on them...

Last night... as I was sitting at the laptop...
It dawned on me...
a clock was ticking.....
behind me....
The Old... Cuckoo.....
huh...?
I noticed it's weight..... resting on the floor, yesterday morning, when I swept....
I decided weeks ago...to leave the clocks...all 'silent'.... until John can wind them again.....
I have cheated...a time or two.... and wound the old cuckoo.... but not for weeks.....
I...was dumbfounded....
I ran... to the landing.... and asked John, if he had been upstairs...
he yelled back...
"No"....
{I knew he hadn't...he's too weak to climb the stairs......}
Then...I called Liz...to see if she had wound it....
Nope....
The time side weight was half up.... {it has to be pulled up daily... }
and...I had seen the weight..on the floor..... when I had swept.... yesterday morn... Liz and Scarlett were here, the day before...so... it couldn't have been them.....
This is the second... 'Wink'...the old clocks have given me... in the last 10 days....
I didn't write about the other ...on Blogger....
but I did...on fb.... when it happened....
I had my phone in my pocket...and captured an image of it...
below...
The below, clock... is up high....
7 feet in the air....
in a Gothic inset, in the wall.....
it's an Old...Old...Ansonia...
It runs like a Champ... but... it's case is pretty ruff... : )
{kind of like the owner... : ) }
It has the Most...Beautiful...Chime...
 it resonates... throughout the house..... when it 'speaks'... : )
It was late....late....when I walked out, for the last,  night check...on John and Nicky....
and the Old Ansonia... Chimed....
I was about 5 feet, from the wall....
and..it Sang...to me... : )
It hasn't been wound... since the first part of February....
To those who don't understand what this means....
It's like...having a light bulb illuminate, when  there is no electricity...
Winks... : )
 Winks... from the Old Clocks... : )
a gentle... reminder...
I...never...walk alone.
Love to ya....
Barb C.

The Old Ansonia... in this 'poor' image....
is the one up high....
under the Gold Angel...

No comments: