Sunday, March 23, 2014

Hope....

I had promised an update...last night...
but...
Miss Scarlett, came and spent the night with me....: )
Blessing....
{Me...in John's recliner.... Miss. Scarlett..in mine... Polly... in hers... and...
Nicky.... nestled on his Bed, and Pillow.... at the foot... of John's recliner... : ) oh my....
we were packed in...tight....}
Miss.Scarlett... Danced and Sang...to me... last night.... She has an Amazing Gift... of Song.....
So Very Much.... like her Great.... Grandmother.....
She...created her own...lyrics.... as she went along....
I can't begin...to count... how many times.....
she repeated....
"And...I Love You..... Grandma.......".... : )
Her...Little Voice... has a Most..Amazing...Vibrato....
that is so Powerful....coming...Straight.... from her... Little Soul....
I was...Floored....
I think... her Great Grandma... Rose... had a hand.... in this.... : )
Mom.... was singing My Wild Irish Rose... the night before she passed away...
and with me...
as I sang...
'You Are My Sunshine'.....
to her....
: )
Mom...struggled so...these last...many years....
But She Sang!!!!
No Matter...how Tuff... things were...
She Sang....
That...was a Gift.... to many....
It was  Gift....
to me....
oh my....
oh....my......
: ) : ) : )
{When...it was time... for Miss. Scarlett to go home, late this afternoon...
She Pitched... a Fit.
Cried... and Begged... to Stay.... with me...
Liz and I... have never seen her... behave this way...
She is always... always... so.... well behaved.....
She Truly Is... a Little Angel.... Looking Over... Grandma... : ) }
I could tell a long...and twisted tale....
of the 'battles'... over the last week....
moment...by...moment....
but...what's the point.
I realize... negativity... loves to thrive... on repeated.... fertilizing....
let's just say....
there have been some Negative Nellie's....
finding their way... to us....
they don't last long...around me.....
but... a couple have found their way to John.....
in my absence....
{I...take Nothing...Negative...at face value....
There is Always Hope... and Blessings.... in Every Situation....
if...
You Search for It....}
They have been put on the Run....
in Double...Time.
unfortunately... after the fact....
with strict orders.... only Positive Thinkers....
Believers....
come near our circle....
'Hope'.... is such a Fragile thing.....
Yet... is The Most Powerful.... Medicine....
'Healer'....
some folks.... don't seem to understand this.....
Mom will be cremated.... {her wishes...from the first time we discussed it... when I was a teenager...}
There will be a Celebration of Life....
held for her... here, at our Home... in late July or Early August....
when my sister, Merry Jo... and her Family, can be here... and John...is on his feet... : )
Everyone... is Invited....
: )
Her ashes will be buried... next to Dad's... just a mile up the road.... at The Fairfax Cemetery.....
: )
John... is still in the Hospital....
Therapy hasn't released him, yet....
He starts radiation, Tuesday....
38 treatments....
Then... will have chemo... when the wound is healed, on his head...
in a few weeks...
Pray...For....Him....
please....
: )
I feel so Very Blessed.... to have had so Many....
come to our aid....
With Food... Money.... Prayers....
Some....who are calling...and offering help.... in any way...
I will... be calling on them....
The Garden Party.... will go on... as Scheduled....
April 4th, 5th and 6th....
I Pray...for a Great Turn Out.
I have Never... accepted money....I haven't earned....from anyone.....
Those... who have offered.... I've said.....
"any other time... I wouldn't consider this....gift...
today... I'll say 'Thank You'.... and accept it."
I'm on fumes.... having our own... major financial battles to fight....not being able to work....for so long....
then... getting Mom's covered, too.....
 then.... as Allyson called it...
 "Catastrophic"... mountains.... with no insurance... for John....
oh my...
: )
oh my.
Pray...for us.....
I know... we'll make it through.....
and accept... whatever comes, our way....
I've put it in God's Hands.....
Your Gift...of Prayer...is Priceless....
It soothes... my spirit....
gives me Strength...
so I can carry on.....
with the Jobs.... that must be done.
and...keeps.... my Heart...
filled... to the Brim...
with Hope....
that No One....
can Touch.
Love to ya...
Barb C.
{I have to tell you.... on the last day.... of Mom's Life....
as I was going from one floor.... to the other.....
the Nurses....knew, {someone... had informed them... of our situation...}
they kept asking me.... if, I needed anything.... and...they couldn't imagine... how strong...I must be....
: )
I said....
" I'm fine..... a little weary...... but....
I have the Angels.... carrying me....now : )
My legs buckled.... weeks ago...."
Thanks...to All of The Prayers.... Loving Thoughts... and Light... being directed at us.....
from You...and So Many Others....
that have sent.... those Beautiful.... Angels.....
God.... Bless You.
and...
My Friends....
Keep Them... Coming.}
I posted the above song....and have played it....hundreds...of times...
over...and over... the last several days....
  remembering.... many...many...years ago....
when, I was at one of the darkest points... of my life...
Mom... spun me around...
Looked me in the eye....
and said...
"Barbie... Walk On.... and Hold Your Head...Up High."
I'm doing just...that.
: )
With Hope....
In My....
Heart.










No comments: