Monday, February 17, 2014

oh..my... : ) The Heart of Country...'journey'... : )

What a Ride!
Oh My!
Thanks So Much...to Susan Kramer Hunkins...{Heart of Country Promoter}
along with The ENTIRE...
Heart of Country 'Family'...
for Welcoming us...Back.... once again...
This Event...
Has Been... and Is...
a Most Beautiful Gift...
to me...
: ) : ) : )
I always Learn... and Grow... from each visit....
Linda has done Antique Shows... for years...and commented... over and...over....
How NICE... Everyone is... here... from the Promoters... {Steven, and Susan...} to the Amazing...Behind the Scenes Staff.... Ann... Mary...Windy... Steve... the Porters....are Top Notch...as well..
The other Vendors... are also... Amazing...
We were Blessed to have The Best Neighbors..once again...
Wanda, from the '200' Booth... is a Pure... Angel....
She is like a little 'Mother Hen'... clucking around.... offering snacks... and wine.... along with... many...Great Laughs!
We also... once again... had...Over the Top... Neighbors...
Brothers...
{their first time next to us... }
Steven and Thomas Good.... from Wisconsin...
Our Load In number was late.... on Tuesday...night...
The Girls...and I... helped other folks... unload... while waiting for our number...
I told my Porter, Red... two weeks ago..when he called, to see if I was coming... I was flyin' on a wing and a prayer... and the girls and I...would have to unload... and sadly...couldn't hire Porters...this year....
He said... he'd help us... no matter... : )
Red...couldn't come...{for Load In... but was there to help us...Load Out! and I have to give them...something... no matter... they all work...so hard....} but... his brother... did.... then... as Liz was hustlin'...I saw a young man... helping her...
He was FLYIN'...with our stuff...
I told him... I'd give him something... for all of his help...too...
{He was Amazing!!! and could keep up...with Liz!!!}
Turns out... he wasn't a Porter...
he was 'Steven'... our...Neighbor!!!!
and wouldn't accept... anything....
Those Boys... are Awesome!!!
They helped us hang things... and Move Mountains!!!
We spent a lot of time with them, over the weekend... and We Love Them... So!
Darlings!!!
Liz...helped them, on load out...as we...kept working on our truck...
I had warned Linda... over and over... how grueling... this Amazing Show... is...
Her feet... were KILLING Her...
I understood...
I was wearing bedroom slippers... most of the time...
The Show... was down, some.... due to the weather....
Our customers, from Atlanta... and California... couldn't fly in....
and that...was sad... for all of us...
But... we all... did our Very Best.... and that's all... we could do....
I was so Proud, of Heart... It was Stunning.... and even tho... it was a bit down... Everyone... was Positive... and Up Beat!!!
We sold... Well... Considering... 
I feel Very...Blessed...
and Thankful...
It was GREAT Seeing Tom and Cindy Nutt...{Our Iowa Angels!!!! } and Barb and Brent from Sisters' Garden, Kalona, Iowa.... {Angels...! }
At the end of the show... a couple came through... made a bee line... to the Old...Harvest Table...
They had seen it on line... and was praying it was still there....
: )
It went Home...with them... 
It was tuff...loading, Saturday night... and it was after Midnight... when we gott'er done...
but...
it wasn't done...
We had to re do... the Ford... before we headed home...
We didn't get to bed...until 4 a.m. Sunday... then... was up at 7:30.... 
to get goin' again...
and head Home...
We drove straight through... only stopping for Fuel...
John was sick all week....
with Vertigo...
Justin said.... "Mom... the house doesn't look too good"...
{that... made me nervous... oh dear...}
It was after 9... when Linda and I pulled in...
We unloaded her luggage... I carried only what I needed inside...
I was beyond... tired....
Then... walked in the house...
oh dear...
I began...
scrubbing...
Checked on John... who is still beyond...sick...
he asked me to get him something to drink...
I did...
then...he vomited... and vomited...
I helped him change his clothes... and threw everything in the washer... and kept... cleaning house...
until the wee hours...
{I found..... the cats... used my robe... in the bathroom... for a litter box...
: )
Joy....
: )
{They...are SO LUCKY.... I love animals....
and it's not Peg...living here....
Nine Lives... wouldn't keep them alive... more than 9 minutes... with her... }
oh my...
oh my...
Talked to the Dr. today... and we're going to try the therapy, I used, when I had it...several years ago...
Liz... had the Ford... and took it to her house... last night.
I heard the dogs bark... this morn...
it was her!!!
It was a BLIZZARD out... this morn...
I called her... and she told me... they had just run in the ditch... a mile up the road!!!
Justin, was already on his way...
I was WORRIED SICK!!!!
All Of My BABIES... were on the hiway... in a Blizzard... Liz...Scarlett...Nick.... Justin!!!!
I wanted to ask her...
"WHAT WERE YOU THINKING???? GOING OUT ON THESE ROADS????"... but... I didn't...
{I don't need that truck back... for a week.....}
She said the roads weren't bad when they left home... 
BUT THEY TURNED UGLY....FAST!!!!
Justin got them out... in a hurry... but... it's so dangerous... on a hiway.... with others... slipping and sliding all around...
They are Home.... Safe....
Justin is here.... and the roads are getting better....
oh my...
I'm going to clean... and clean... all week....
try and help...John...on his feet....
then...
who knows...
who...
knows...
oh my...
Thank YOU...for all of the Prayers....
We Feel So Very Blessed... to have gotten there...and home...
 safe...
I...ask you... to continue...
: )
This Journey... ain't over yet....
I need all The HELP... I can Get!!!!
Love...to ya!!!
Barb C.






Thomas, Stephen...and Lizard!





Liz...The Hatter... and Miss. Linda... : ) 

1 comment:

Brandon Woline said...

I'm so happy to hear you had a great show! No surprise...your booth looked amazing! I hope you came home with pockets full of cash! Hope John is doing ok. And this darn weather...glad Liz, Scarlett and Nick are ok!
I Love your shirt in the last picture...Looking Good!