Friday, January 17, 2014

It's...Show Time....: )

We got the Big...Truck loaded...this afternoon... for this Sunday's Show....
and...
I gotta tell ya...
it was...Chilly...
: )
Then... headed an hour south... to Duwa's Auction...
I had planned it all out... so I'd have an hour... to scour...the Auction... before it started...
The Ford and I...were Hummin' down the Interstate...
when... I saw a car... on the side of the road... with steam rollin'...
I pulled off... backed up... to see if they needed help...
He Sure... did...
Long story short...
I wound up... helping him... get his car... to a station... then taking him on to his job...
I felt so sorry for him... The Wind was Howling... the Semis... were Flyin'....
I simply... could not... pass him by...
His name is Augustine...he's from Ghana... originally... but has lived here, 12 years...
and works at The University of Iowa Hospital...
Such a kind...Soul...
: )
He said... "Nobody stops... for people... I can't believe you stopped..." I said...
"I stopped... because, I have been where you were... many times...and I was helped... by others...I know... how cold... you were...and how far... you'd have to walk...there was no way... I could drive past..."
{It was a Trick... making room in the cab of the Ford...{so embarrassing... } I have Packing Blankets... Packed Tight... inside...{amongst... other... 'things'... from my last...'outing'... oh...dear...}
I got him to work... just in time... but... nearly missed the beginning of the Auction....
I called Dwight... {Owner of Duwa's Auctions} and asked if he'd get me a bidding number....
He said he'd be Happy to.
{He and Junell... are such... Great Folk...}
I ripped my coat sleeve out...when I crawled under Augustine's car... to see where the leak was coming from.... so... I looked like a Mess... when I got to the Auction...
One of my friends...at the Auction... said 'The Ford' passed her, on the Interstate....
Like It was on Fire!!!
She said... "You must have been in a hurry...to get here...!!!"
I said... Noooo ... I didn't want my rider to be late, for work!
Thanks So Much...to Bud...and one of the Family... from the Estate... we bought so much from... for helping load...tonight...
oh my...
It was Cold....
I'm leaving the Ford Loaded... and put as much as I can, of the Auction Gatherings...in the Booth...
as found...
The majority I bought... came from one Estate...
There is some... Great Stuff... on this load...
It took a Long Time... to post this image...
Check fb for more images...
Love to Ya!
Barb C.

2 comments:

cindy said...

Barb--you are a true CHILD OF GOD. My heart is was so touched when I read that you stopped for the guy---your feathers just got an inch longer on your wings!! :)

Simply Iowa said...

We All Are... Cindy Lou... : ) !
and... for Augustine... He...was a very, kind Spirit... He was My Gift... for the day... : )
I have been so Blessed...over the years... and most Every Day...to have Angels... around me.. {like You....and Tom...} It's my Pleasure... to try and help others... when they need, a hand.
Love to ya...
My Friend...
Barb C.