Saturday, January 25, 2014

A Good Day...is a Good Day... A Bad Day... Is a Good Story... At the End of the Day... It's All...Good.

I re posted this...on fb today...
I Love it...
Reminds me, of my friend, Ed...
Years ago... when we'd chat...
no matter...what troubles were coming down the pipeline....
he'd reply...
"Awww... Don't worry...
It's All...Good... : ) "
and... it is....
it truly...is.
{Ed...was the one... years ago...before it was everywhere...
Reassured me...many times...with the lines....
"It Is... What It Is"....
and...
"It's All....about the 'Journey' "
A Wise.... Man...
and a Beloved... Friend.}
I am grumbling...a bit... inside...today.
Seems... I can always... always... find 'good'... in most...anything...
if... you look hard enough... it's there....
but...
The Weather... this January...
is pushing me...to the edge.
The wind was Howling...when I got out of bed, this Morn....
I really....really... don't like that...
It's Cold... and Ugly....
Tho... The Sun... is Shining...
and, that... is a Blessing....
I started cleaning my 'Pit'... of a Bedroom...yesterday...
oh my...
You'd think a 14 year old... lived there!!!
I don't let the rest of the house...go.... like that...
but... my bedroom...
oh my....
As I was changing the bedding.... I realized.... how much I LOVE the Vintage Pillowcases... and Sheets... I've gathered over the years...
They are  so... Crisp... and Strong....
I keep all my bedding...in an Old...Iowa, Walnut...Linen Press Cupboard....
The bottom has two doors.... and shelves... that are packed with Quilts...and Sheets....
 so Full....I can't shut the doors...tight... : )
and yes... I NEED... : )
Every Single One of Them!
: )
 
The three drawers, on top... are filled with mismatched Pillowcases... many of them have hand made lace.... on the edges...
Polly has her own, Feather Pillow... but... she doesn't like the lace... her toenails get caught in it.... so... I have Flannel...or..simple cotton ones... for hers.... : )
It's always a 'Journey'.... cleaning my room....
I find... some Most.... wonderful... Treasures... there....
I have all sorts of 'Memories'.... stashed there... The Statue... I bought in New Orleans... Mounded with Beads.... and a 'Lei' from a Wild Night, on the Town...in Rochester, at Gold Rush... : ) The hair clip... I wore...as Maid of Honor... at my Best Friend's...Wedding... 20 some years ago...
 Gnarly Old Boxes... filled with Fragments... of things... that would mean nothing, to anyone else... but...are 'priceless'...to me....
Perfumes... Jewelry...fragments... Dried... flowers.... from days... Summer days... long...ago.
My Bedroom... kind of...reminds me...of the rabbit hole....
a secret place.... chaotic..... and dusty...filled... with all of my most...favorite Treasures... : )
{that... I hold dear... and are...so... over the top... Soulful...}
 
The sad part is....
I spend half of my life there... with my eyes... closed...
and... it's a catch all... for clothes....
I pitched and sorted.... yesterday....
I hope...to get it...done, today...
I have NO Desire... to go outside....
I can take the cold...
Once it gets so cold...
Cold... is Cold....
be it 10, or minus 20....
What I Can't.... Tolerate....
is the wind...
{It's unsettling to me... when it's this windy... on a Summer day...
let alone.... below zero... wind chill... }
I Pray... for a Break... in this system... for the Country....
seems... it's Ugly... all over...
Guess... it's giving me...time... to clean...
For Everything...
There is... a Season...
{Be Glad... when we move to... SPRING!!!
and...I Pray... for a Gentle... one...  }
Have a Lovely Day...
Barb C.

No comments: