Sunday, December 29, 2013

No Grit... No Pearl.... : )

Had...such a Lovely... Day.....
Friday......
Mama... got Sprung....
from the hospital...
got her...back...and situated... : )
They were playing Piano... when we walked in....
and the Piano Man... played 'Wild Irish Rose'... for Mama's return... : )
She sang it...word for word... : )
I also... visited... with a Friend... and saw his...Amazing Collections....
Some.. I will be selling, for him... at upcoming shows....: )
I... can't write about it...today...
but...
I Gotta Tell Ya....
when I share... this 'Journey'...with ya...
you are gonna... Flip....
At the end of the day... I was visiting...a Friend's...shop....
I heard... one of the Girls...that work there....
SCREAM!!!!
as she was flying past me....
{She'd seen a mouse... : ) }
She was prancing... and dancing....
 demanding... that Someone...
Set A TRAP!!!!
IMMEDIATELY....
One of the Girls... did....
{There is only...one... little girl... there... that can... set a mouse trap...
{they didn't bother...asking...me... : ) }
As I was getting ready to leave....
I saw the set... trap.....all baited up... waiting....
for an unsuspecting.... little creature....
and...
 accidentally...
sprung it...
: )
It Flew... through the air... with the force... from the spring....
I..... walked... on....
: )
oooops...
: )
Then... as I was headed for the door......
I heard a Blood Curdling Scream!!!!
and Two...of The Girls... were Screaming.... Running in Circles....
on their Tip Toes....
One... was Yelling....
 "We've Been Hit!!! " "We've Been HIT!!!!!"....
 "The Trap.... Is Sprung!!!!
It Must Be a HUGE MOUSE!!!!
The Trap Moved 3 Feet!!!!!"....
"ARRRRRRRGGGGG!!!!! WE'VE BEEN HIT...."!!!!!!!!!!
{The other Gal... was just Screaming... on her Tip Toes....
Hands...In The Air!!! Running In Circles!!!!
{reminded me...of Snoopy... {Peanuts}...when he dances...his little... Jig.... : ) }
I whispered ... to the Girl... who had set the trap...
{who...was Stunned... by all the Commotion....}
"Yes... it was a Huge... Mouse.... {put my hand... up to my forehead}... About This... Tall...: ) "....
I looked at her... and said...
 "And...Don't You Reset That Trap Tonight!!!!!".... : )
: ) : ) : )
and... Rolled out the door... Laughing....All The Way...Home...!!!!
I...am...Soooo Naughty....
Over the years... I have made 'pets'.. out of the mice... that come in...just for the Winter.... they find their way...out...the first breath of Spring...}
I saw the above...quote... last night, on fb...
"No Grit...
No Pearl."
What a Wonderful...
Quote...
it seemed...fitting.... for my Friday Morning... Conversation...
and a Great...Daily...Reminder...
Have a Beautiful Day...
Love to ya...
Barb C.
Speaking... of... Mice...
I was...DEVASTATED... two weeks ago....
Peg...made me... a MOST Beautiful Gourd... for Christmas....
She put a Bird's Nest...inside... with the tiniest... real.... little eggs....
a Butterfly wing... a Teeny... Tiny... Acorn....
and her... Favorite...Beetle....
{she repeated to me... Over.. and Over...
"THIS Is My FAVORITE Beetle! and I'm giving it...to You!!!"....}
I was so... proud of her work.... I kept it down the rabbit hole... the days I was Open..
so I could... show...Everyone... the Beautiful...GIFT.... she had created....
Sunday... before last.... after I got the shop...open....
I sat down.... at my little desk... where the Gourd... was Proudly Sitting.... for All to Admire...
I thought...
I'd take a moment... and really examine... her work....
{her artwork...is so fine...and detailed... it's like looking through a kaleidoscope.....}
I noticed... one of the tiny keys... she had hooked on the top... had slid...down....
I thought it was strange... but... I put it back....in it's proper place...
then... I glanced inside....
and saw...
THE BEETLE WAS GONE!!!!!
The First Thing...That Came to My Mind...
I've Been ROBBED!!!!!
{and I wasn't thinking about a critter....as Insane...as It Sounds... I Thought...for a split...second....
SOMEONE... STOLE PEG'S BEETLE!!!!!
{Her... FAVORITE.... BEETLE!!! }
It Had Been Stolen!!!!
then...looking closer... The Little Eggs... were.... nothing but.... Shell... Fragments...!!!!!
The Tiny... butterfly wing.... was chewed up.... and the little acorn.... was... gone... as well....
I wanted to Throw...Up!!!
I called Peg... and was... Heartbroken.....
Heart... Broken....
She said...
"I told you... not to leave that in the shop......"
No You Didn't!!! We have left many others... here.... and THIS never happened...
I said....
{Mike told me... she said that.... too.... I never heard it.... but I was so....tired... the day they were here.... and was pretty much out of it.... }
I was just.... sick....
Peg said...
"I Think This...is FUNNY!!!!!... It couldn't have a better story....
{she...was LAUGHING!!!! }
 Now... I want You... In Your Writing...to make a little sign... that reads....
'All God's Creatures Have to Eat...' "
She said.... "How Many Times... have I wanted to KILL.... the Mouse... that destroyed.... an old quilt.... in your shop.... or... some wonderful...old paper.... item.....
and the first thing... you say.... when I'm ranting and raving...is....
"oh...well....They have to eat....too....: ) All God's little creatures.... have to eat....  "
{It Breaks... my Heart...too.... when these things...happen... but... what's done...is done... and... it is... what it is...}
My own words.... she was Flaunting....and using against me....
I painfully.... put those words... in writing....
 did... as she asked... then brought.... Every Gourd... to the House....
When she and Michael came to visit... before Christmas... I showed them....
the Carnage.... and little sign....I immediately... made....per, Peg's request....
 then... Peg placed a little white... China Mouse.... {like the one... she took a picture of... down the rabbit hole...so many years ago... that tamed....one Winter....and ate biscotti.... from a turned... broken...tea cup....: )  every time... I called him...... }
Make...no mistake... I won't...ever think...the Home Invasion was 'funny'...
I'm...still sick...about it...
Peg... is getting a Lot... of Miles... out of it....
oh my.....
Yeah... she.... is... Definitely... getting some miles... out of it...
: )
 
 
 
 


No comments: