Wednesday, December 11, 2013

A Degree...of Madness... and...a....long... hard... ride..... : ) 'The Journey'...

As I was working in the shop... last week...
I ran across... two copies of...
"Cross Creek"...
that were gifted to me... many... many years ago...
from Sweet Friends....
The Name...of the rabbit hole...
is...
'Cross Creek'...
John named this property...that...nearly 35  years ago...
never reading the book...
He...simply came up with it....
{you must cross a creek... from whatever direction you come...}
so... I named my little shop that....as well...
: )
I was surprised...when I was given the books....
Never knew... until then... that title was out there...
I've never taken the time...to read it....
tho.... the Author...Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings....
is... incredible... I am told....
I...stood...still... late that night... in the shop...
alone... weary... with so many mountains... laying... ahead....
not a moment...to spare....
and yet...
with the book...in my hands....
{ this..... would have driven Peg...Mad....
I get lost... in Old Things... while working with them...
Peg...stays on task... 'Click....Click...Click!!!' }
I...read...the first page...
oh my...
I stood...there.... surrounded... by... the 'Old Souls'...
and silence...
then...
BURST OUT LAUGHING!!!!!!
oh my...gosh...
how... incredibly...
fitting....
It..Is...
 Sooooo...
Peg...and myself...
: )
I couldn't read any further...
Though... Peg...was still in Missouri ...
I could feel.... her 'presence'...
: )
"Get 'er Done... Girl!!!!"
Peg...is having a biopsy today....
Please...keep her in your Prayers...
They told her... on this visit....
she is a walking Miracle...
{Big Words... from The Mayo... }
She really...shouldn't be here...
{we know... better... : ) }
The size of mass...in her lung... she came in with..
they said...
 two years ago....
{4 inch... inoperable...}
most folks...  don't survive....
Ahhhh.... but we know... Peg...isn't most folks...
: )
The Angels.... we know.... are... like No Others...
{You...All..of You.... }
: )
It's One... Day... at a Time...
and...
with...each...of them...
Happily...
 Filled...
 with....
Madness....
a little...
Insanity...
Laughter...
Hard Work...
and...
Love...
Love to ya...
Barb C.
{ I just got off the phone.... with a Dear...Friend...
The Song.... I posted today... is... for him... : ) }
 
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

cindy said...

PRAYERS for Peg--and what a great story about Cross Creek--and the book!

Simply Iowa said...

thanks... doll... : )
Love...to ya... : )