Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Whew... What a...Daaaaaay!!!!!

What a Crazy... Day...
I had to pick up...an Old Cupboard...this Morn...
and thankfully... had a Girlfriend... on the bottom of it... as we...took it...one step...at a time...
Up...a Flight of Stairs...
{she's a Brick...House... too... : ) }
I must have looked a SIGHT!!!
I strattled the top... then pulled it up... and back...step...by...step...
there was nothing to get a hold of...
my hands kept slipping....
as I was pulling Up! Up! Up!
then...at the very top...
Lost my balance...
I Plopped...
Flat... on my Butt...
Splatt!!!
nearly doing the splits...
Lord..Thank You...
for not having any Eyes... upon That Sight!
oh...my....
Then... ran into a Friend... I hadn't seen...forever...
I gave him a Big...Hug...
I don't know...exactly what he thought my intentions were...
but...
he stood back...
and Gave me One Back...
and attempted to lift me off the ground!
{seriously...
 not a good idea...
I am... a Brick...House....
My Feet Stayed...Glued... to The Floor...
My Dad... always referred to me...
as a 'Husky Girl'...
he wasn't a kiddin'.... : ) }
My Friend... couldn't...
: )
in an instant...
I thought... I'd return the favor...
and tho... he's a Pretty Stout Lad... at least 6 feet tall...
pretty...Buff...
I lifted him...Clean...off his Feet... : )
He said...
"What do You Have Goin' On???"
well...
I'm a Brick...House...
: )
oh dear...
A friend said... sounds like Dolly...
ahhhh...
Nope...
I don't have Those... kinda measurements...
I'm built... more like a boy...
always have been...
I think God Knew... exactly... what my body... would need to be equipped with...
It has Served me...Well...
No...Complaints...
Husky... and all...
: ) : ) : )
{I'm... working on the soft spots... in the Mortar... : ) }
Hope You... Had a Great Day!
I sure did...
Didn't work in Christmas Land.... but... I did... in the Shop...
to Prepare..
for The Mother Load!!!
Love to ya!
Barb C.
This... Old Darling... turned out... Great!!!!


Can't wait to see the Pie Safe... when it gets done... : )


My Sweet Neighbor...from up the road... called... said she had something for me...
It was This...Darling...Lamp Shade!!!
Love It!
It'll be Fun.. Filled with Old...Gnarly... Silver...Christmas Ornaments!!!
I'll rig it up...so it'll
 Hang...Once Again! 


I walked into the Greenhouse...
this afternoon...
to find...
a HUGE PILE... of Stuff!!!
Things... I didn't Drag...Home!
COOL...THINGS!!!!


I thought...
Who?...Where?...
did this stuff... come from...???


wait a minute...
I Know... that wall hanging....


Then...
I saw the Old... Pillow...
and a Pile... of Candles...
I knew... exactly... where these Wonderful Treasures... came from...
It was... Gerri...
Peg's Mother in Law...
: )
She's moving...
and...Peg's Hubby... Michael...
made a delivery...
I called Gerri... Immediately...
and asked her what I owe her...
She thought...
{silly girl}
because I had helped her... I should just... 'Have'... all of these Treasures...
Ha... Ha... Ha...
Ain't Happenin'!
THIS
Cool Stuff... will be at The Christmas Open House...
with Gerri's NAME... on 'em...
{Love That Girl...: ) }


Then... another Neighbor called...
had some Old...Frames... from her Grandmother's Farmhouse...
She was going to...
'Give'...them to me...
Ain't Happenin'...
I bought them all...
Seriously...
These things.... have value...
and...I'm so Very Thankful...
Folks.. think of The Rabbit Hole...
before they send them away....
But...
Fair...is Fair...
To Them...me...
and...
The Soulfulness... : )


Oh...My....Gosh....
I went to pick up...an Old Cupboard....
and found Three...
Giant Santa Faces...
Now...
as you know...
I Have...MOUNTAINS... of Christmas...
What do I bring home???
MORE CHRISTMAS!!!!
oh...dear...
but... as I always tell Peg....
as she Rolls Her Eyes....
{glad she wasn't with me...today... }
"I don't have any... like... theeeeeeese......" : )
 


oh... my....
{sigh..........}


This Old Cupboard... is...FUN!!!
Older than Dirt...
all Square Nailed....
Someone painted it Silver...
back in the day...
{it used to belong to a Dear Friend... Mary S.
and...now... Me!}
I NEVER...would have painted it...Silver..
But...
What a Great Old...Gnarly...Christmas Cupboard!!!!
so...
I'm Thrilled... someone... did... : )
{It was...kind of a Beast... going up the stairs....tho...
 one...step...
at a time....: )  }
 
 

No comments: