Friday, November 8, 2013

Traces...of Christmas... Past....

As I was movin' and shakin'... down the rabbit hole.. yesterday...
I found myself working around an Old...Chest of Drawers....
I've used it as a Work Horse... for Years....
I wondered... if I had stashed... anything inside....
{well...I Knew... I had stashed things...inside it....
I Wondered... 'What'... : ) }
There... tucked inside... every drawer....
was Wonderful...
Vintage... Christmas...
I carefully pulled the Gnarly Old Gift Boxes out....
Gently... opened each of them....
to find... some of my very...Favorites....
The Gnarly... Ones...
The Ones...
I'm sure... I held back... from the totes.... when we packed...Christmas...
many years ago...
: )
I sat on the floor... examining...each one....
: )
That...was my 'Gift'...for the day...
: )
I also, ran across, an article...I had written, 9 years ago....that was published in
The Cedar Rapids Gazette,  tucked in one of the drawers...
I may have posted this... before... I don't remember...
but... This Much... I do...
while...sitting on the floor...surrounded by...
'Christmas Past'....
Things haven't changed a bit....
My Love... Passion... for 'Old'....
Old... Dishes... Tea Cups... Tarnished Silver...
and... Sweet....Little Ornaments....
In the article... I wrote... what a Lovely Gift... to give someone...
Instead of a plastic... tray...
or tin container...
why not pile cookies... or candies.... homemade... or not... 'treats'...
on a Pretty...Plate..or Platter...
Tie a Ribbon on it....
a Sprig... of Green....
and a Little Ornament...
or... a Tea Cup... filled with Chocolate or... Mints...
 and a Tea Bag.... or two...
Greenery.... Ribbon... Ornament....
and...a Darling.... little Tea Spoon!
{ a Monogrammed one...with the recipient's initial... would be Sweet! }
Maybe...add a Vintage Christmas, Post Card...
These are Soulful old things.... that will be used...again... and again...
with...
Sentiment...
They needn't be expensive...
10.00 to 20.00 would make a Lovely... little Gift...
a Treasure....
I'm headed back down... : )
Can't Wait... to Play!!!!
Love to ya!!!
Have... a Beautiful Day...
It's Your Gift!!!!
Barb C.
 
 



No comments: