Saturday, November 9, 2013

the simple things...



 
It's the simplest things... in life...
that are so many times....
the ones...that refuse to be ignored...
I thought about that... this Morn...while I was making my way to my Coffee...
as my eyes... once again...
came to rest... on three... old... spoons...
sitting on the kitchen counter...
Several weeks age...
as Maurina and I were... sorting through the 'Mountains'...
in the Hen House...
preparing for the Fall Sale....
I found buckets...of old Flatware...
and began sorting...
and ran across these three...
Old... Tablespoons...
They had lost their shine... long...long...ago....
and there ain't Nothin'...that will ever bring it back....
They have been used...and used.... one... has endured so much stirring....
throughout it's life...
a large portion of it's bowl...is gone....
Though... they were mixed in... with hundreds...of others...
I knew... as I sorted.... these three...
were 'Kin'...
I set them aside....
and then... that Evening...I took them inside the house...
They are the most...interesting...old spoons...
all crusty...
and even...pitted...
yet..still..heavy...in my hands...
as if... to say...
"I still have a lot...left"...: )
I gave them a good bath... (tho, you'd never know it}....
and set them aside....
they sat here... in the kitchen...since...
This Morning...
the Sun....was Shining with such...
Radiance...
and...
Brilliance... 
on the top of the Old Harvest Table....
I thought...
what a perfect... time..to let the Old Spoons...
Shine.... : )
Love to ya...
Have a Great Day...
enjoy this Gift...
you and I, were so...very Blessed... to receive...
and...
SHINE!!!!!
Barb C.
 
 
 
 

No comments: