Monday, November 18, 2013

The 'Gnarly Children'...

The camera... fell in love...with these little darlings...
yesterday afternoon...
I had planned to be open around noon...
but..a friend wanted to pop in... around 9... and another...around...11...
so...
I went there early...
I was taken by surprise... by the first friend... and went down...the rabbit hole...
like a Goddess...
{oh dear...}
then...I got busy... sopping...up... water... and was a 'Goddess'... all day...
{sandals...and fuzzy socks... and...the clothes I'd fallen asleep in...
the night before...
{I had intended...on getting dressed for bed... but...I laid down... for just...a moment...with Polly... listening to the Mighty Storm.... then... it was morning...}
 oh dear...
Thankfully... I never put the 'Open' sign up... so...at least those that came to visit... already knew... what a Goddess... me...and the rabbit hole...can be... early...Sunday Mornings... : ) }
It was a Lovely Day...
tho...
the rabbit hole... was DRENCHED... from Saturday Night's... Storms...
but...we feel...so very Blessed....
as I see... with such...
 Sorrow...
what has transpired...to the East...
My Heart... Breaks... for those...who are suffering...
The People... Children... Critters...
Between... the Philippines... and the Eastern States...
it's hard... to think... about anything...else...
{I think... that's why... I am so drawn... these days... to the little...
Sanctuary....it's...another...world... for a while}
Prayers...to All... who Suffer...
I need to get some things done... today... This week... will be a busy one...
I, hope to get the shop...done....
then...turn to the house...
then...Thanksgiving....
While I write this...
I can't help... but think...of all...those... who were making plans...
a few short weeks ago...
about...their...Holidays...
makes me realize...
how very... small...
we all are....
and how everything can be changed... in a heart beat...
I'll take this Day..
as the Gift... it is...
and be...so Very Thankful...
for everything...
Love to ya...
Barb C.
 


I lost myself... in these Children....
yesterday...
I have Mountains... of things to do...
but...
I played... just... in this area... and worked on the Old Christmas Streetlight...
Decorations...
I think...I'm a lot like...Dad... that way...
seems...
when things were heavy... around him...
he'd find his way... to an old tractor...or truck... that...could have waited....
when there were other things... he should have been doing...
that were Much...Higher...on......Priority..Lists...
but..
Like Dad...
I think... these old things... have a way... of soothing one's...soul...
and... are a kind...of therapy...
when the world...around...is so... chaotic....
Blessings...
{I played... " So Small"... by Carrie Underwood...
because... it's...so... true...
all of it...
I also...posted "San Francisco" by Scott Mc Kenzie
because... that song... is where my mind...drifts...
when life gets... 'heavy'...
I was only 4...when this was released...
and...I remember... hearing it...and liking the gentleness...of it...
when I was a child...
My sister... is 8 years older than me...
I remember...  watching her, and her friends...
when the 60's and 70's Hippie Craze... was going on...
I, thought... they were all... Silly... and Juvenile...
in a good way... : )
Now...I find myself... being... more that way... than when I was little...
I was always... so... serious... always....
I find... the older I get... sometimes... 'serious'... is... a heavy...load...
When I look...at the 60's...and early 70's...
Vietnam... Kennedys...King... Women's Movement... Racial Issues... Cuba... Equal Rights....Moon Walk...
Nixon... Oil Embargo... Watergate...
That's enough...to take the 'serious'...right out of ya...
all I can say is...
"Peace"...
and help me make it...to the rabbit hole... : )
{The Truth is... I think...there's always been a little hippie in me...
lurking...just under the surface...
I started wearing Patchouli Oil... years... ago...
there is something... Earthy... about it...
that I Absolutely Love...
and it Screams...
'Free Spirit'....}

 







No comments: