Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Rockin' and Rollin' with Thanksgivingness!!!

I worked...'til late, last night..in the shop..
Then..got groceries...
then..
came home... and started...
COOKIN'!!!
Oh My..
I LOVE...The Holiday Season...!!!
I get to spend a little Time...
with the my Old..Friend...
The 'Superior' 
Old...Stove...
Yeah...yeah... we work together...
a little... every day...
But... Not Like...
Thanksgiving...
and Christmas!!!


then...
We Dance!!!
I Love...to Cook...
{almost as much...as I Love...to Eat! : ) }
I make big messes...
and...Delicious....
Food...
{if... I do... say so... myself...}
: )
Polly and I took a Stroll...bright and early...
Gathering Herbs...
for the Stock...
I use that liquid... in both..
the Stuffing and Gravy...
I put the giblets in... then... garlic... onions...celery...a few carrots... orange rind...
Fresh Sage and Rosemary... salt... pepper... Old Bay seasoning...
LORD....! LORD!!!
The Thanksgiving...Aroma in Here Is Soo Intoxicating...I Can't Stand IT!!!
 
Ain't Nothing Like The Real Thing... Baby...


oh my....


'The Baby'...{that's her name..} was sitting in the highchair... watching me Race around...
Sooooaking up the Sun...this Morn...
ahhh... to be a cat...
 
Bud and Renate... brought Bushels of Apples for Scoutaroo....
from their home... in Amana...
this Fall...
and I felt so guilty... not taking some of them...and making...something....
{no time...}
Everytime I walked past the Boxes...Full...of them...
I felt like I was wasting...
This morn...I asked John to bring some up... and I'd see... if I could salvage... any of them...
 I washed... peeled and cored them... cut off all of the bad spots...
I did about four quarts... in no time...
they taste... Amazing...
Way better...than store bought.... and...no wax...
They are different... I was afraid they'd be soft... but...they're not...
They almost have a 'Pear'... flavor to them.....
I have the Dutch Apple Pie...in the Oven now...
{That Is ALSO... Smellin' Mighty Good!!! }
Now...I'm getting the Squash... put together, for Pie...
I cooked them...last night....When the Apple comes out..
The Pumpkin Squash Pies... Go In!!!
I'm only making two...I was going to make 4....
but... I think... there will be Plenty...
 

The Apples...looked..and Smelled...
Wonderful...
I already... miss... late...Summer....
 
Hope you have a Wonderful Thanksgiving...
and eat...Waaaaaaay Too Much!
Love, to ya...
Barb C.

Mama's.... Turn.... : )

Pies...are done... prep...is...done.... Dining Room...is done...enough...
It's  only 7:30... but...I'm tired....
I'm sitting...
Listening to Roberta... serenade me...with 'Killing Me...Softly'...
sipping a Glass... of Gnarly Head.... Chardonnay....
{or...two... : ) }
Candles...lit....
at the Old...Harvest Table...
{only me... and Harold...could Love... {and Ed...}
I...Love Thanksgiving... Eve....
life... is good...

2 comments:

Earlene said...

Dang can I have some of your energy please. You motivated me to get cookin!!!
Cute kitty in the chair.
Thanksgiving Blessings

Simply Iowa said...

Earlene...
I just sat down... and... need a glass of wine... : )
It's only 6:30... I should have so much more...done...
I'm just cleaning up the dining room... now... oh my...
When I get that done...
I'm lighting a few candles...at the Old Harvest Table... sip a little wine... and listen to Roberta Flack...
yes...I am... : )
Have a Happy...Thanksgiving... and Hope you eat...waaaaaay too much...
Love to ya...
Barb C.