Sunday, November 24, 2013

Heart...of The Farm...

It was fun...playing... in the rabbit hole... today...
: )
I have many Mountains to move....
When I found my way...to the Primitive area...
I saw a pile of things... I had thrown there... after the last sale...
knowing... somehow... I wanted to keep them close... at hand...
Old...Rope.... an Implement Seat...
{that's Not For Sale... I bought it from Mark... it has a Heart... in the center... I'm using it...for display.... only...
There are several... other...Wonderful... Old Iron Seats... that are... available...}
As I stood...and stared...at the pile...
I thought...
'Heart of The Farm'...
I hung...the old seat...from some iron hooks...
on an old door... that leads... to The Primitive area...
The Wonderful... Old Door...was brought to me... by the last Heir... of an 1850's Farm...
near Vinton, Iowa... several years ago...
He had to let the Farm...go... it was Heartbreaking...
 but... he wasn't going to leave... the Old... woodwork... that had been created...from the Native...Iowa... Walnut... on the Farm...
by his...Family...
I...have kept this door... in his Memory....
I wound...the old rope.... round and round... the seat... in a loose... heart...fashion...
I placed a couple of  Heart Harness Brasses... on the old... frayed...and knotted workhorse......
and a tiny... Cross...
: )
I cut...a few of the tall grass...Autumn...survivors... just outside...the rabbit hole...
and felt...
that... was enough....
simple...simple...simple...
yet... soulful...
with a Powerful...
Stance...
{it's the feeling you get... when you stand next...to it...
not something.. that can be captured...with an 88.00 camera... }
It... says... a lot... to me... if no one else...
When I look at these things...
I see... Heart and Soulfulness...
Hard Working...Hands...
Devoted.... Horses...
Craftsmen....{a.k.a. Farmers...Homesteaders...}
 building... hand planing... and pegging...rough cut lumber... to build...and finish...structures...
from their
 Native Timber....
oh...my....
and...the tiny...
Cross...
: )
That's what gave them... the Strength...
to carry on...
simple... simple... simple...
Love to ya...
Barb C.
 {I visited... over the last... couple days... with some... amazing souls...
Jan...Val... Pegadoo...Liz...some Sweet Gals...who simply...found their way... to The Rabbit Hole...
 and... Little....Miss. Scarlett...
Grounding...
so...
Very...
Grounding..}
Love 'em...
{just... saw I missed a message from... 'Home'..
"Do Not Flush The Toilet!!!... Sewer Service is Coming in the Morn!!!!"...
oh my...
yeah...
It's the Little Things... that make a House... a Home...
: )
Love It...
: )
{Thank Goodness... for The Out Houses... I Dragged Home... Years Ago... : )  and caught Heck...for... : )
Seriously...
I would... Happily... go back to those days...
yeah...
They Stink... in the Summer...
and... I always wondered... if there were... Spiders... in those holes... : /
{I was never approched...but... I always... 'Wondered'... : ) }
but.. they are far...from the House....
and... Chamber Pots... are doable... in the Winter...
I HATE... the Waste... of Water...
some day... we'll be Beggin' for the Water... we thought we Had to Have
 to Shower by... every day... or several times...a day... that went... down...the drain..... 
No Worries... for This Old Girl...
I Have Options...
and...
I Know How to Use 'em... : )
God Bless... our Mother Earth...
She... has Stood...Waaaaaay More... than She...should be asked...too...
and...I am Blessed..with a Bladder... that would make a Camel... drop to his knees...
Life... is... Good...
: ) }




No comments: