Monday, October 21, 2013

oh dear... I'm Back...in The Saddle...Again... : )

oh my...
: )
Took off... with Jethro....
thinking...
I don't need the Ford....
Just goin' to look at a few little things...
here...and there...
: )
oh dear...
Poor...Poor.... Jethro....
instead of being a Pretty Pony....
he became... a 'Pack Mule'...
and... I have to go Back....
with the Ford...
{bought some...BIG Stuff! }
I promised myself... I wouldn't unload ANYTHING.... 'til Morn...
from Jethro...
I'd be handling it twice...
it's All... going to the rabbit hole....
then...
as I sat... and thought about all of the Treasures....
just... outside the Door....
It Was Killin' Me!!!!
It was like...Christmas Eve....
Knowing... about all of Those...Gifts... Just...Itching to be Opened!!!!
It's hard to explain.... but.... when I'm on a 'Buying Trip'....
It's almost... like I'm on Auto Pilot...
When I go through a Tag Sale...
I'm....Fast...and Methodical...
I gather... quickly....make decisions.... in a snap....
pile the gatherings up....
pay...
and load...
{then...I go back through...and make sure... I didn't miss anything...}
{An old friend... used to call me the 'Human Vacuum'....}
I don't mess around...
However....
I don't 'Bond'... with a piece...until I get it home....
and...can really... examine it....
{My... mind... and heart... know... exactly...what I want...while waltzing through a sale....
in an instant....
from across a crowded room....
through...walls... of an old barn....
or...an auction ad....
 but... by Soul... connects...when I have a few quiet moments... to get acquainted....}
{yes... I know... this sounds...insane.... but... it's difficult to explain...}
I have often thought.... this is why... on many occasions....
I have been in a shop...
commented...on how Cool a piece is...
only...to have the proprietor... say...
"Yes...it is... : ) I bought it...from you..."
{then... sometimes... buy it back!!!!}
oh dear...
Many times... I'll sell a piece... {or pieces...}
right off the truck....
I was drawn to it...bought it... and sold it.... in a matter of.... minutes..or hours....
I never had a chance... to 'Bond'....
or...
I have...
 Dementia!
In either case...
Everything Old...
Is New Again!!!!
: )
Last Night.... It Was Killing Me....
not being able...to go and drag things in...
and...Play...: )
There is some...MOST Beautiful....Vintage Lace....
in that TRUNK!!!!
and... The GNARLIEST ANGEL!!!!
I couldn't help myself....
I HAD to bring in the Frog Mug!!!
after all...
It's been
"The Year of The Frog"...for me!!!!
The Mug...is Copper Luster.... from the mid 1800's...
when I pulled it from the shelf... and saw the Frog....
I about Croaked!
{ : ) No Pun....Intended!!! : ) }
Had...to have it...
{sigh....}
and...
The Massive Silver Tray....
oh my...
it's nearly 3 feet long.... : )
I HAD...to bring...That In!!!
oh dear....
I get to...Unwrap... all of The Gifts.... from Yesterday...
This MORN!!!
FAST!
I have to go back...with the Ford...
For Another Load!!!
and...
a few more... stops...
oh...dear...
I want to Thank...
Carol... for starting my day off.... in such a Lovely Direction...
She and Jerry... are...such....Wonderful....Souls...
: )
I feel...Blessed... to have them in my life...
If...it wasn't for these..Old... Worn...and Loved....Antiques...
 I may have never met them...
so...many years ago...
on my Journey...
: )
That... is the Greatest Gift... these Old Souls... I have gathered.... throughout my life...have given me...
Angels...
Beautiful... Souls....
Priceless....
{as are Carol's...Garlic Pickles...: ) }
Back in The Saddle Again!
Love to ya!
Barb C.
 


oh my...
a mid 1800's Frog Mug...
all I could do...is S M I L E....
when I saw it...
It's a Keeper...: )


HOLY SNIKES!!!!
Had to have...this MASSIVE TRAY!!!
It's Holiday...Time!!!!



Awwwwww....
Sweet...Carol....
What a Darling....
She took me through her Wonderful Home....
Fed me Breakfast!!!
and...
Gifted me...with a 2 Quart Jar...of her...
AMAZING GARLIC PICKLES!!!!
Life...
is...Good...
: )

No comments: