Saturday, September 21, 2013

whispers...


Hearts...
I have gathered hearts... for years...
well...
for over 25 years...
since I lost...Dad...
I see them... in most...unexpected places...
exactly... when I need to... most...
they are like...little 'winks'... from him...
that touch me... find me...
in my darkest...hour...
I don't clean the webs...away... and.. keep adding to them...
{this...is an old image... there have been...many others...added... }
as...they come...to me...
sometimes... in the form...of a scrap...of aluminum foil...
or... an old...locket... that just happens to catch my eye.... in a very unexpected place...
maybe... a leaf... that somehow found it's way... inside...
with a gust...of  wind... through a Snow Storm...
Today...
for the very first time...
I pulled one... from the mass...
It was the early...Harness Brass...
at the top...
to the back...of the gnarly old... heart...pincushion...
I have gathered...several... here and there...
over the years...
but...
that...one...
found me...
just when I needed it to...
I do... believe... Dad... had his hand... in mine...today...
and... sharing the story... with... one of my Dad's...Favorite Girls....
{I haven't really... spoken to her... in 26 years....}
and...the little...heart...Horse Harness...Brass....
was meant to be...
and...giving her... the message... that I know...
Dad...sent through me... to her...
How Very...Much...
he Loved and Admired her...
on every... level...
She... meant..more than she ever knew... to him...
{He'd Sing...her Praises...to me... as we...traveled together... when I was young...}
She...was Deeply...Loved...
Dad...was Humbled...by her Strength....
and Accomplishments....
I felt... as she is... fighting a battle now...
she needed to hear...
that she is... Stronger... than she may... realize...
Dad... always... always... knew it...
so do I....
It was...a Beautiful... Day...
in every way....
Love to ya...
Barb C.
 
 



No comments: