Monday, September 23, 2013

The Long... and Winding...Road...

 


I sat... at the laptop... this Morn...
digesting... Strong...Swill...
The last... many days...
and...the ones...
that lay...ahead....
My head...in my hands...
as... my brain... covered...more miles...in minutes... than all of our old vehicles...
combined... ever have...
I raised my head... glanced out...the window...
and saw this....
: )
 
 
 
I took this and the below... images... as I was driving home....
Saturday...
So many things... people...and memories... flooded my brain...
as I drove.... the hour...away....
my eyes...kept...falling to...the shoulder... of the highway....
and... remembered... riding on Horseback.... bareback... along this road....
took us... 2 days....
long...days.... to ride...these 60...plus... miles...
I was...thirteen.... again... when...I was...fourteen....
the last time...
I was 15...
My Beloved... Horse... I rode... was killed... that year...
struck by lightning...
the year after...
my Best Friend...
who rode... with....on this journey....
was killed... in a car accident...
I was one of her Poll Bearers...
I'm glad... I didn't know then...what I know...now...
The Highway....
the road....
always... makes me think....
My Saturday drive... was a very...difficult one...
on many...many...levels...
but...a 'healing'... one... as well...
I had someone...say to..me...Saturday...
she thought my Dad... was a "Bull Shitter"...
and...told Tall Tales....
I was proud... of myself...
: )
'The Hatter'... kept his...'shit'... together....
{I was...very afraid... he might... not... given the place...he was...put....and nearly... didn't... go... Saturday...because... of him...always... wearing his emotions... on his sleeve...}
I... listened... to Dad's... stories....as well... growing up...
 but... more importantly.... I Lived... many of them... at his side....
I told her... she obviously... didn't know the same Man...I did...
He...was...
 a
 'Big Fish'....
I suppose... some...wouldn't believe... my stories... either...
couldn't comprehend.... riding 60 miles.... bareback... along...a major...highway....
 just two... little girls....
{13...going...on 40}
camping out... along the road....
anymore... than Dad...teaching himself...to fly...a little Aeronca Champ... plane....
and flying it between a bridge... and the river....
Dad.... didn't... 'Tell Stories'....
He...Lived them...
ahhhh.... the long and winding...road....
Love to ya...
Barb C.
{these...stories... are a couple... out of thousands....
every day...
is...
an...
'Adventure'...
The...Journey...
There are many stories... within...these...
minute... by....
minute...
all...Fact...
I couldn't begin... to make these...up....
neither... could....Dad...
They wouldn't begin...to hold a Candle... to The Truth....}
 

 


 



No comments: