Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Goobery...

Carolyn A. Popped in...yesterday....
and lent a Helping Hand...
It was...Toasty...
and I was Thankful...for the help... : )
After we cleaned the rest of the Greenhouse....
and began to 'Fluff'...
I asked her if she'd go gathering...inside the rabbit hole...for lace...fragments...
She asked what kind... of lace...
I said...
" Something... 'Goobery....' "
 : )
I never think...about how my vocabulary sounds....
to others...
until...
she repeated it...
verbatim...
"Hmmm....something... 'Goobery'..."
oh my...
: )
I Cracked Up!!!
'Goobery'... lace...
 
 
'Goobery'....
Something... that is Intricate... and Finely Done....
with lots of Detail...
 
oh dear...
My Pal...Bud... got me hooked, years ago... with the word...
"Gnarly"...
I'll never forget...the first time I heard him say it...
He was standing...in the back corner of the Shop...
where I had just set a display... with an Old Tin Bath Tub... Loads of Drippy... Goopy... Fabric... and Piles of Moss... Swagging...
Candles... and Loads...of Fairies and Flowers... Potpourri... Slung... Everywhere...
I happened to be right behind him.... as he peeked into the little corner...
He turned to me...
Wide Eyed...
and said...under his breath...
"Gnarly.........."
That was That!
It Stuck!
ahhhh...
The Language...of The Rabbit Hole...
 I'm hitting it early... today....
Much to get done...for the Weekend...
Thankfully...it sounds like it's going to cool off... Friday... and through the weekend...
I'll have more images...tonight...
It's getting to the 'Fun' stage...now...
New things are coming in... and I can start setting...displays...
: )
The Shop will be Open... Saturday and Sunday... 11 'til 6...
Hope to see ya!
Love to ya...
Barb C.
{ I've had some messages...from Folks...asking for an
 'Invitation'...
for the Preview Party....
It's a little late... for the mail...
so...
I'll have some... waiting... at The Gate.... : )
{No One... will be turned away... tho...
you might have to do a little Dance... or Sing a Happy Tune... to get one! }
: )
 


2 comments:

vikki said...

~♥lace that is goobery??omgoodness then i have the goobery*ess*ness...love it...take care m'dear earth angel...& all your gnarly*ness & goobery*ness...loveya with many hugs & blessings...vikki♥xoxo♥~

Simply Iowa said...

Oh...Vikki...
It's Good to hear from you... : )
Been awhile... : )
I can't see a 'Goobery' piece of Lace...and Not...think of You!
Hope to see ya...Soon!!!!
Love ya...
Sweet Pea...
Barb C.