Sunday, August 18, 2013

HOME!!!

Pulled in...about 9:30...tonight...
oh my...
Do I have...Stories to tell...
but...not tonight...
Tomorrow...
: )
{God...was sure listening...today...
Thanks...Lois... : )}
{Had His...'Ears On'... : ) }
 I will tell ya...on the way home...
it was... the most Awesome Sight...
Peg...was following ...in the FUSO....
 I...was leading the way...
as we were attempting to merge...onto the hiway...
with road construction... making a four lane...two....
No One... would let me in...
I kept looking for an opening...with my signal on... to merge...
but... no one... would allow...
I was on the rumble strips...and being pushed onto the the shoulder...
nearly at a stop...
and was looking out...for Peg...as well...in my mirror...
hoping she could...somehow...  merge in...safely...
Then...
Peg...
The 'Truck Drivin' Mama'...
{New...Handle...: ) }
Put The Hammer Down....
Pulled the Big Box Truck... right out...
in The Line...of Fire...
and put me... and the Ford...
in...
The Rockin' Chair...

{behind a Semi... that couldn't slow up...and... ahead...of her...}
: )
{what a natural...: ) }
Those cars... all... Bowed... to The Big Hipped...Truck... and let her in...
{I could see... them all... back up...behind her...
She had a Wide...Berth!
Nothin'...but the red glow...of Brake lights...behind the FUSO...
 Shoot...it was only 55 mph... they were all...running at Least...70...CRAZY!!!!}
{all the way Home...folks were FLYING!!! Passing us...and others... in No Passing Zones... on Hills... oh my...Crazy! We were always...at the limit... but... it didn't matter... It Was a Mess!}
she...held the Bolting Stampede Back...and put The Ford....
in...
'The Rockin' Chair'....
and back...in the lead...
We Spoke C.B. Radio... Lingo...
the rest of the way Home! : )
oh my...
What a Ride...: )
Love to ya...
Barb C.
"Breaker...Breaker... Truck Drivin' Mama... we got a Smokey... up ahead... You got my Back Door... Come On...?"
"Affirmative...Simply Iowa... I Got Your Back Door....I'm Checkin' My Eyelids...for Pinholes...
Come On..."
"Hey Truck Drivin' Mama...Were Rollin in to Rapid City... they got a Flash for Cash....
Better Get Them...Binders On...Come On..."
oh dear...
oh...dear...
: )
{Now...I just have to teach her...how to drive...a Stick!!!!!}
 
 


3 comments:

Amy N said...

Just the laugh I needed this morning girls!!! You truck drivin' mama's are the BEST!!!!
Can't wait to hear it all live!!!
Glad you are both safe to lock and load another day.
Luv ya both!!

summersundays-jw said...

Way to go Peg!!!! That's the fun of having a 1997 Land Cruiser, I can pull right out & if they hit me so be it. Nice to know there are rude drivers everywhere....not just in southern Mo. Jan

Simply Iowa said...

Yes...Amy Girl...we Missed Ya! : ) and...Jan... I hate to be...pushy... I always let folks in... I didn't get it...last night...It was Sunday... I would have thought...there would be light traffic... oh no...It Was a Mess!!! Those Folks...were...INSANE!!!!
Glad...we made it home... safe...
I was beginning to worry...
SCARY!
Love to you Girls...!
Barb C.