Friday, August 9, 2013

Boney.... Fingers....

Had a Great Day....
'yesterday'....
{the last 10 hours...
not...so...much...}
Yesterday...was a handful....
Seems...all I did was
 Load...Drive...Unload...Drive...Load....Drive ....Unload....
Drive...Load...and... finally....Unload....
Liz came and helped...at the end...
I had found her...
a Sofa...
and realized....as I was...Slouched....in the Cab...of the Ford...
Shades...on....{even tho... I didn't need 'em... }
Flying down the Interstate.... with the...Last...'Load'...
to
Never....say..."Never"....
I was Second Hand Shopping...at the end... of my day....
found some Darling....Vintage Dibby Dabbies!
then... I spied...a Leather Sofa....
I knew Liz, would be needing a Sofa.... when she moves into her new house.....
It had...great form....
was Modern... but.... had a 'timeless'...look....
that could easily Blend....with...most...anything.....
and would...sing...in Harmony with... her other pieces....
and...was in Very...Good...Condition!
Then...I read...the tag....
"Ikea Sofa 125.00"
Oh...My....Lord....
I have Sworn.... I'd Never have Anything....to do with....
'Ikea'....
{I'm a 'Vintage Queen'...and That...is...Simply...That!!!}
let alone....
Haul it....
in my Beloved.... Ford....Chariot!!
{I have come...to realize...I'm an...'Antique Snob'....
{as is The Ford.... He was....Humiliated!!!}
It's a Sick...Girl.... and Ford... That Stands...Tall and Proud....
Hauling Gnarly Old Cupboards... down the road....
that are more... 'Kits'...than...Cupboards...to most.... oh dear....}
{There must be...a 'Group'...somewhere... out there... for me.... and The Ford....}
If it Ain't...Old... and had a Journey... it Ain't...for me... }
Not only that...
I bought it...for her!
{I....Paid...Money...for...a piece...of...Ikea!}
{The sofa...does have wear...where hands...have touched it...on the arms....over and over...so...guess...it has...a little...'Journey'...It's Not Brand New!!!! Thank God!!! }
I would have bet...MONEY...That.... THAT would NEVER....
happen...
oh dear....
Never... say...Never....
The look on her face...when she pulled in the drive...
and saw it...on The Ford....
was...Priceless....
She climbed up...on the Sofa....
and stretched out....
oh...my...
but...That...was...Yesterday...
When I woke up...this Morn....
my bed...was...damp...
I have been giving Polly lots of baths.... took her to the Vet.... her skin...even after all of her treatments....is...Raw....
So...thankfully.... because of her fur being damp...in the evenings.... I have kept a bed liner... on my mattress....
The Vet... day before yesterday...put her on Steroids.... as a last resort....along with 30 days...of antibiotics....
{Pal...Gail...warned me...about the Steroids...with her Beloved Best Friend.... about him...having to urinate.... a lot....
{I asked the Vet...about this...he said...he had her on a low dose...and it shouldn't be a problem...}
It was a Last....Resort....
I...Hate....Steroids!!!}
Evidently.... she lost her bladder...in the night...{she didn't know it...}so....
I was up...and running...stripping the bed.... and washing.... Everything....
including...both....of us....
I've cut the dosage back...and...Hope...it will help...
{Poor...Girl...}
then...checked my phone...for messages....
Mom...was taken to the Hospital...at 4:30 this morn...
it was her Oxygen....again....
so...spent an Hour...on the phone...with the Nursing Home....and Hospital....
then...opened my laptop...
and...
It's...Fried....
No screen.... and...Hot!
{I'm using the Old One....:) but...have lost all of my images....well...everything....}
So...
It's a Mary Todd Lincoln Day!
and...I had to play...the above tune....
{Hoyt Axton 'Boney Fingers' }
as...I think of it.... on days... such...as this ....
: )
I am Thankful...I can get to my email...
and am...sooooo EXCITED...about the Folks...who are sending requests... for
The Mad 'Preview' Tea Party!!!!
Many have asked if the Costume... has to be Alice in Wonderland related....
{Door Prizes...for wearing a Costume....:) not required...: )}
My Reply....
"Surprise Me!!!".....!
If things keep perkin' along... like they have been....
It's Really...gonna be a 'Mad'.... Party!
and...You'll see...'The Hatter'...at her...
Finest...
:)
oh my...
Love...to ya...
Barb C.
 {OH My LORD!!!! The Music...Won't Down Load!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't Do This!!!!!
Don't...Mess...With My....
MUSIC!!!!
AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
That's It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm Going Back...to BED!!!!!!!!!!!!!
{ahhhh....Clean Sheets.... and... NCIS re runs....}
listen on FB Barbara Conner Fairfax, Iowa...
oh my....
Sh.................Damn!!!!!!!!
{I posted...'Boney Fingers'...to FB....
IT WENT TO JOHN'S SITE!!!!!
ZZZZZZZZZZZING!!!!!
{I Hate this Old Laptop!!!!The Keys Stick! I Feel Like an Old Hen....Pecking Cracked Corn....
in The Sand!!!!
 GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!
ZZZZZZZING!}
Heading to the Hospital....
to see Mom...
and...of course....
visit with
More...Doctors... and Nurses...
{NOT FUN.... They put Mom... on the Wrong Floor.... another...
Frickin....Mountain!!!}
maybe...
They'll...find a Padded Room For The...HATTER!!!!
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZING!!!!!!!!!
if ya don't hear from me....
for a while...
well...
ya know... why....
I'll either be...
Intoxicated...
Incarcerated...
or...
on Some...Beach....Somewhere...
hell....
maybe All...of the Above....
love...to ya...
 
 
 
 
 


No comments: