Sunday, August 11, 2013

a...Mad....Mad...Day...

Mom was taken to Intensive Care.... in the wee hours....from her regular, hospital room...
 yesterday Morn...
 I visited with a Most...Amazing Doctor....for nearly an Hour...there...
We really...had things..figured out.....for Once...
Click...Click...Click!
I left.... and went to Jerry and Carole's Barn... {they had called...while I was waiting...}
until they transferred Mom back....to her room..she had...stabilized....: )
 So... in my Long Black...Lace Dress....
and high heeled...shoes....
{Hospital...Attire...} 
with
Perfectly...Coiffed... Hair....
{the image above...is 'After'..the Barn Diggin' Therapy..: )
 'Mad...Hatter'... Style...: ) }
Dug and Hauled.... masses of old Gnarly... Rusty...Farm Treasures... to the Ford....
and visited with them...
I told them...THIS...was the Very Best...Therapy...I could have had...
There is no Pill...on the Earth... that could have given me...such....Peace...
then...
I dusted myself off... scrubbed...up...and went to sit with Mom...
Prepare her...for her new...Therapy... the Awesome Doctor... has prescribed.....
It involves...having a mask on... all night....
every night....
The Nursing Home...said she'd never tolerate this...
so...
I told her...
This... is it...
truly...our last..option...
if she pulls it off...
or refuses to wear it....
her next episode....
may...very well... be her last....
Her...tired...Heart...is being Starved...for Oxygen...in the night....
and...this...is it....
I was sooooo Optimistic...when I left her side... late... last night...
She was More...than Agreeable...
{Mom... Soooo Loves Life...
and was Singing through the mask...while taking a  breathing treatment...: )}
{tho...she said...I was 'Bawling' her out... about this....: )
{a term...I hadn't heard her use...for Years... : ) oh my... }
Sometimes....
you..have to be...Blunt...and Stern.... : )
I called this New Machine...
her...
'Lifeline'...
and..this...
is a last...option....}
YES!!!! Finally.... She's on The Right Track!
Then...this morning...
The Nurse said... she wouldn't keep it on....
and fought...with the mask...throughout...the night....
She's confused.... and..not herself....
today...
I don't know...
I have my head in my hands....
I...just...don't..know....
 
 
Jerry....
He and Carole... are such...Amazing...People....
They've been Married... 52 years...
Love Birds!
Jerry is fighting cancer... again... {it came back...}
We sat... and visited....while I waited for the Hospital to call...and let me know... when Mom was back in her room...
What an...Amazing.... Blessing...a 'Gif't...really.... for me... to have gotten...their call....
I told Jerry... this 'visit'...was like... 'Therapy'... for me... and...Exactly...what I needed...
He sat...quietly ...for a moment...and said...
"I think... It's My...Therapy...too"....
oh my..
The Journey...
{He's going to Win this Fight....!!!! }
Especially... with Carole... at his side...
oh my... She's.... Incredible....
a Pillar of Strength...
Love them...Both...
{When I first arrived... I noticed the little thing...Jerry is holding...in this image....
It's an Early.... Musical Instrument.... that a Sweet Little Friend....{Avery} knows how to play....
I asked Jerry... what he wanted for it...
I told him...all about Avery...and how impressed with the Young...Man... I am...
 and how he played...'Comfort and Joy'.... for me... at Christmas....
on one of these... {Avery Collects them... they came in many sizes... and sound...much..like a Flute!}
Jerry said...
He'd sure like to give...it to me...for Avery....
How Cool...Is That!
I'd Love to have Avery...play...Jerry and Carole... a Tune...
Hope... I can get them...together!
I drove Jerry...Crazy!
I kept finding things... I didn't know.... what they were....
{pretty rare... I know...most old...Farm...Stuff! }
"Hey...Jerry!!! What the Heck...is This Thing????"
most of the time...he knew...
but...I bought a few things... neither one of us knew...
He'd make up...a Craaazy Story...and we'd All Laugh!!!
oh my....
: ) : ) : )
Love...this Little Grinder....Tiny.... Sprinkling Can...: ) and... Sooooo Worn Down...Old Grinding...Stone... : )
A Gnarly Mess....
of  Old..Iron..Farm....
Stuff!
{a.k.a. 'Therapy'....}
This Awesome Old Scoop....
is...maybe... on the Top 5... list....
of...'Treasures'
from Yesterday's...Therapy Session...
oh my...
I bought this Old German Book... after I dug it out of an Old Pail..that was up High..on a shelf..in their Barn...
{Carole and I were Climbing the Walls! }
I didn't really even look at it...just loved the dusty...old....cover...
Then...as I had it laid on the bed of the Ford... when I got home... capturing images...
for posting online...
before I went...to the Hospital..{knew it would be pitch black...when I returned...}
I flipped...through these pages.... and...looking at them...when I posted them.... last night... they look a bit like
Alice in Wonderland!
Mushrooms... Fat Cat.... Children....
oh my....
I can't read a word...of the German...
but...sometimes...
a Picture..is worth...a Thousand...
words....
: )
 
 
 
 
Hope...you have a Lovely...day....
I hope.. we...all... do...
Love to ya...
Barb C.
{I am...heading to Gold Rush...no matter...
Not going....isn't an option...
If... things...are not good... here...
I Will be there....setting up...this Friday...
well...
'Simply Iowa'.... will be there...
I'll set the Booth.. and... maybe...just have a little box... there...for payment...
{works down the rabbit hole.... when I'm called away... : ) }
Love to ya...
: )
{I'm sure...I can hire someone... if need be...no...worries... : ) }
 
{If...I could post a tune...for today...
it would be..
"The Boxer"...
Simon and Garfunkel...
 
I so... feel... these lines...today...
 
"In the clearing, stands a Boxer...
and a Fighter...by his trade....
and he Carries the Reminders... of Every Glove.... that Laid him Down
or Cut him 'til he Cried out...in his Anger and his Shame...
"I am Leaving...I am Leaving"...
but..
The Fighter..
Still...
remains...." }
yeah....
and... The Fighter...always...will....
 

No comments: